Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Modifying a Banshee for dune action

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2001, 09:42 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I currently have a Banshee set up for free riding the hard-pack hills of Western Nebraska. I am looking to take a dune trip to Walden, Colorado and was wondering what mods were needed to make the trip enjoyable. My Banshee is currently piped and has the Pro Design Pro-Flow w/ a K&N. My current tire setup is Holeshot XC's--I have heard they will work fine, and other people have told me paddles are needed.

Thanks for the feedback and I am always looking for riding in the eastern Wyoming,Colorado, and western Nebraska area.

Keep the rubber side down!

Derek

Old 07-02-2001, 09:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

i ride a different quad altogether ds650 but i would asume the same aplies. i could get around and have a little fun with the stock tires but to really shoot the hills and hit some good bowls its infinantly more fun with paddles. when you start off its imposible to get going.

Old 07-03-2001, 04:05 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Your basically setup for riding the sand hills at Walden. Just get a set of paddles and your ready to rip, but bring your holeshots as well, there are some trails your can ride as well if you desire. When are you making your trip? I, along with about 20-30 people will be there, more than likely, if we dont go to the dunes in Rock SPrings, Wyoming... Walden is kinda small, but the fun part about it is that you can ride at night or hang out at the hills and party if you like. Let me know ans we can hook up..
check out my site for some pics or go to http:\\www.geocities.com\wyoduner He has some picures that I dont...

RoostKing...

Old 07-03-2001, 05:28 PM
Pro Rider

dusthoff, you will want a set of paddles to get around. You can get around the flat stuff and small less steep hills but you will not be able to do any of the fun stuff. The altitude at Walden is 8300 ft so jet accordingly. You will be in the 240 range or so on your main jets depending on your set-up. With Toomey pipes and K&N I run 250 mains but I'm a little conservative. Also, make sure you have an outerwear for your K&N filter. It will clog up with sand in a hurry without it.

I have maps, directions and a ton of pictures of Walden on my site. See signature.