Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Kermit Dunes

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2003, 06:58 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kermit Dunes

So what is better Kermit sand dunes or L.S in OK? Do they let you ride all night
at Kermit?

Old 04-28-2003, 10:12 PM
Trailblazer
Default Kermit Dunes

There is no one at the kermit hills to tell you to stop riding[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-29-2003, 07:52 PM
Dune Rider
Which one of you is Pink?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Kermit Dunes

The Mexican has it right. There is no one there to tell you not to ride at night. There is no one to tell you to pick up trash and place it in the provided trash containers. There is no one to tell you to turn the music down after midnight. There is no one to tell you that burning pallets leaves behind nails that ruin tires. There is no one to tell you that the sandhills are no place to leave beer bottles and glass containers that break and will cut feet and tires. There is no one to tell you when to get up or go to bed or when to bathe or eat. No one will wipe your ***.
We're locals & PROUD of the area that is home to us. West Texans have always been ruled by COMMON SENSE and RESPECT.
There has up till now been no need for park management and security patrols.
Things are changing as the sport grows and folks are finding our little jewel in the sand.
Get a Grip People! Don't ride alone (especially at night). Be considerate of others. Clean up your area (even if it is not your trash). Think of the impact you have on the safety of others. Show some respect for yourself, those around you, the area your in and be proud of your sport and the people who share your interest.
If that seems a little harsh, get over it. We like the park free. We want self control. We are not going to tolerate any nonsense. We Work Hard. We Ride Hard. We Party Hard.

Old 04-29-2003, 11:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Kermit Dunes

hey dunedragon, good meeting a couple of your posse this weekend, im real sorry we werent all in all too friendly, we had real rough weekend. First off my bike never worked the entire time, having serious Carb issues, so that kept me from riding far from camp, and my friend with the Z400 let his wife ride and she rolled it over herself and dislocated her elbow so they had to drive to odessa to get the doc to pop it back in place, it was the ruffest weekend ive had up there yet, We did not even get to party Sat night cause of that ordeal, once again sorry and if we meet up again, well come over and party with ya'll,
by the way those trailers you had were real nice, you got a great setup!
Jetjock16.

Old 05-01-2003, 12:38 AM
Dune Rider
Default Kermit Dunes

Rob, so sorry to hear of the bad toss this weekend. Hate it when someone gets hurt![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
We stayed till Monday morning. We were the last ones out. I turned out the lights...lol.
We made another trip injury and incident free. Had one quad dog out would not run...that's why we bring a couple of extras [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].
I am totally disgusted with the trash, nails and bottles left behind. We arrived Thurs. and I spent 3 hours picking up over 30 beer bottles on the strip near the road and 4 bags of trash out of the bowl. As the parking lot cleared it becomes so evident that there are far to many folks that just need a trash bag tied around their necks! The area yall were in was by far the worst! And no more than 20 yards from the trash container! Just pure Lazy. A total lack of respect. I spent 45 min. in the fire pit directly across from you picking up nails. Why did we leave the magnet at home?! Like I said it is disgusting. I know each and every individual out there can pick up trash. Well, a dislocated shoulder would get you of light...lol, but there is no excuse for the other able bodies. Take some pride folks, I wanna ride and enjoy too!

Old 05-01-2003, 06:17 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Kermit Dunes

I couldn't agree with you more, DuneDragin! The last time we were there my wife and I spent half an hour on Sunday morning picking up beer bottles and trash. I have no problem with people having a good time and drinking,(AFTER THE LAST RIDE), but it takes nothing to throw the empties in a bag. It seems that lately the dunes have become a place to party more than a place to ride. If the partying gets out of hand and the place gets trashed or someone gets badly hurt, just watch how fast the sand hills will get closed down. If you don't believe me just read about what is happening at Glamis dunes in California. Some of us like the sand hills for riding because it is one of the best places in country, and I for one will not take kindly to anyone that threatens that. Anyway, enough ranting. Lets just all have fun and please do our best to keep a good thing going.

Old 05-02-2003, 11:44 AM
Dune Rider
Default Kermit Dunes

Drinking after the last ride karico? Shoot have to drink 2 just to get on the quadzilla! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Looks like will be working on the clutches on the 500. Burned them up sucking up the competition...lol.
Next trip out is the mountains. Looks like Aug sometime. karico-you in? Don't think we can get out as soon as July.

Heard of a good way to stop the trash: one of the sandhill lovers took digital pic of the offenders, used cell to call the sheriff...the scum had to pick up their trash and leave! It is going to take some agressive action by each and every individual that loves the hills. (Raise you right hand and swear in...There is a posse forming!)

Toss down your trash? You have just become public enemy #1.

Old 05-05-2003, 04:58 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Kermit Dunes

So does anybody know how many hours is Kermit dunes from Dallas,TX? I looked it up on mapquest.com
and it said something like 4.3 hours??

Old 05-05-2003, 07:33 PM
Range Rover
Default Kermit Dunes

it's closer to 8 hrs.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 05-05-2003, 10:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Kermit Dunes

no, my friend has done that trip many times and i belive it takes him about 4hrs, maybe a bit more..... or you could be that guys who drives really slow.... those internet estimate's always use like a 55mph estimate so you could go much faster and get there in less than your advertised 4.3 hours, if you decide to go post, some of us or going up there next weekend or the one after.
Jetjock16

Quick Reply: Kermit Dunes