Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Sand Mountain

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2003, 01:48 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sand Mountain

I was wondering if anyone had any info on Sand Mountain, NV, like hookups, and how many acres, and anything else that may be helpful? Thanks, Brian.

Old 01-24-2003, 12:36 PM
Pro Rider
Old 01-24-2003, 03:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Sand Mountain

bathrooms suck too! ohhhh but the hill is nice!

Old 01-28-2003, 12:03 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Sand Mountain

The hill is AWESOME. Been to Pismo - no hills at all, been to Glamis - Medium hills, Sand Mt. hill is great. I hear St. A's is better and Dumont is great too. I can't wait to try them.

There is no rush like shooting the hill then, riding the crest-line. I don't care if you have no fear of heights, the crest line will get your heart pumping.

Nothing like a steep hill to really separate the HP from the rider.

As for camping. Extremely primitive. NO hookups and no water out there. What you bring is what you get.

Reignman78: do you ride St. A's much? Are you just looking for somewhere to go in a slightly warmer climate this time of year?

Old 01-30-2003, 04:40 PM
Range Rover
Default Sand Mountain

you will notice when people describe other locations you will see that they say hill"s" and when they describe Sand Mountain they say hill, no "s". It is a nice hill, but don't expect alot of hills unless you count the 10-20 footers on the back side, and speaking of the back side follow some of the sand trails out they are a blast.

Old 01-30-2003, 04:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Sand Mountain

Nevada has dunes. What are you talking about? They have a nice place to ride other then the big hill.

Old 01-30-2003, 04:47 PM
Range Rover
Default Sand Mountain

all I am saying is that Sand Mountain is small, its 1/10 the size of Pismo

Old 01-30-2003, 04:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Sand Mountain

I live in pismo, the hills are nicer, the bowls are better, but the sand isnt as good as piz. Id rather ride pismo BUT SM does have a nice place to ride and race

Old 01-30-2003, 05:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Sand Mountain

I don't know about ridable area. I think Sand Mt. and Pismo are close.

I only enjoy a couple things at Pismo - Ride the fence line, flat drags and cruising the beach - can't beat the view.

As for duning, hill climbing or bowls at Pismo - I would say average at best.

Not trying to diss anyone, just my riding style doesn't prefer that area.

I like the hill at Sand Mt. and even though I say Hill there are a lot of large bowl areas of the hill that offer their own hill to climb. The trails are fun at Sand Mt. but, I will say, I like the fence line at Pismo better because a group can go out and actually pass eachother as they are racing the fence line at Pismo. Can't pass on the trails at Sand Mt. very easily. As for racing, nothing I have seen yet beats the comp hill at Sand Mt. The flats are fun for overall speed but, I like the hill to really show who has the HP not who has the gearing.

I prefer the large bowls at Sand Mt. where I can really open it up in 3rd gear then start climbing the Mt. then back down in 4th and 5th gear. Can't get that kind of speed on any bowl at Pismo.

Old 01-30-2003, 05:38 PM
Range Rover
Default Sand Mountain

whatever Dune Me, you and your big bad DS, hey buddy I am going to be at Prarie City on Sunday, if you got nothing better to do that day come on out, and I'll be heading to Sand Mountain on Feb. 15-16, unless its snowing over the pass.

later

Quick Reply: Sand Mountain