Family ATVing Photos Post photos of yourself, family and friends on the trail.

Rene's Maze, Jericho Lake ATV Park, Berlin, NH

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 08:00 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Rene's Maze, Jericho Lake ATV Park, Berlin, NH

We went for a ride up at Jericho ATV Park in Berlin, NH again and tried out a new trail called Rene's Maze. It was a nasty, twisty, stump and rock strewn, trail that some sadistic sort devised. We took my Sportsman X2, a friend's Sportsman, and my son's Renegade through it without anything more than a little plastic rash. Tough trail. You get set up for the corner you're in and barely out of it you have to set up the next one. Had to back up a few times with my 2-up machine. Lot's of off camber and a few steeps. Lots of "put your tires on the high obstacles to get over the other obstacle" terrain. But now we can say, "Been there, done that." YouTube - Rene's Maze, part 1 and YouTube - Renes Maze part 2

Old 09-12-2010, 09:29 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like a grea trail, wished I could have been there to enjoy it with you.

Videos are looking great.

Old 09-13-2010, 07:51 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

The 2nd video didn't go through YouTube right. I did 640x480 because I can get a half hour with the FujiFilm XP10 at that setting. I'll check later today to see if it got straightened out. The big thing I've learned is to keep the cameras away from the front end of my machine as the electronics add noise to the video and to make sure I have it aimed right (when I'm using the helmet mount) by starting the video, putting the helmet on and doing a quick test video.

Old 09-18-2010, 07:41 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
The big thing I've learned is to keep the cameras away from the front end of my machine as the electronics add noise to the video
Mine has aweful sound but I contribute some of that to being a cheap camera.

I did another video driving out RZR 4 and I held the camera in my hand and the sound wasn't too bad until I turned it sideway and then the sound picked up wind noise and it sounded like it does when it's on the front of my ATV.

Video 1 RZR 4

Old 09-19-2010, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Sound wasn't bad at all. I think the windshield helped with that. I think it would be a lot easier to hold the camera with the steering wheel than if you were on a quad. I've had similar vibrations on most of the belt driven quads I've been on. It seems to me to be the concentric pulleys that get a bit of harmonic vibrations going. I notice it on my machine a bit when I'm in low going about 20 or so (pulley really spinning) or when in high at about 50 or so. I don't think it's axle related because when you feel it, it's at different speeds. Not a huge issue to me. But, I'm used to it.

Old 09-19-2010, 03:06 PM
Chasing trails, Dodging dust devils.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice Vids Moose, Looks like some pretty technical trails. I like that sort of stuff, gives you a good workout.

Old 09-19-2010, 06:50 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Originally Posted by HawkeyeRider
Nice Vids Moose, Looks like some pretty technical trails. I like that sort of stuff, gives you a good workout.
The trail is 1.8 miles long and it took us about 40 minutes altogether. We all got a good upper body workout.