Family ATVing Photos Post photos of yourself, family and friends on the trail.

Finally, I'm going to Moab...

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 07:26 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally, I'm going to Moab...

In April for 3 days of riding. I gotta hit some of the scenic spots. Top ride recommendations anyone?

I'm thinkn like this (order doesn't matter);
Day 1; Determination Towers / Sevenmile Rim area
Day 2; Chicken Corners / Upper Kane Creek area
Day 3; Goldbar Rim / Gemini Bridges area

What "must do" am I missing?

Old 01-10-2014, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by claycope
In April for 3 days of riding. I gotta hit some of the scenic spots. Top ride recommendations anyone?

I'm thinkn like this (order doesn't matter);
Day 1; Determination Towers / Sevenmile Rim area
Day 2; Chicken Corners / Upper Kane Creek area
Day 3; Goldbar Rim / Gemini Bridges area

What "must do" am I missing?
Lion's Back. Big ridge of Red Rock that has nice views from what I've heard.

I've never rode there. Just went to Arches about 9 years ago. Starkly beautiful.

Make sure you post plenty of pictures and if you can get an ATV map give us a link to buy one. After doing half of the Paiute Trail we're thinking the next big trip will be to the Moab area.

Old 01-10-2014, 12:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
...if you can get an ATV map give us a link to buy one. After doing half of the Paiute Trail we're thinking the next big trip will be to the Moab area.
ATV Books : ATV Trails Guide Moab, UT Cover Price: $18.95

This map/guide looks good to me and is probably the one I will be buying.

caveat...I do not know if it is any good but to me, it looks worth the price.

Looks like this would also be a good addition to the book:

Moab [Map Pack Bundle] (National Geographic Map): National Geographic Maps - Trails Illustrated: 9781597752152: Amazon.com: Books Moab [Map Pack Bundle] (National Geographic Map): National Geographic Maps - Trails Illustrated: 9781597752152: Amazon.com: Books

Old 01-10-2014, 04:38 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by RedRocket204
I have this map set, and it is great. Definitely what I have used to see what trails connect to what. ATVTV's youtube videos are fun to watch and get an idea of the terrain on the ground.

Old 01-10-2014, 04:41 PM
Range Rover

After doing half of the Paiute Trail we're thinking the next big trip will be to the Moab area.
So, Moab is April, but I'm heading to the Paiute trail the last week of August. Will be on the trails for 4 days, camping as we go. I know this will be just a small sampling of the trail system, but it will not be my only visit. If you have any recommendations on a 4 day route, I'm all ears. Thinking we will head east out of Marysvale up into the Monroe mtns, then do the southern half of the trail, ending up west of Marysvale.

Make sure you post plenty of pictures
Will do. Will revive this thread after the trip with a full report.

Old 01-10-2014, 05:36 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Thanks. I'll keep those in mind. We're still probably a couple years out from getting back there. We'll see.

Old 01-10-2014, 10:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have only wheeled my jeep in Moab (3times) so on a 4x quad or SxS. I would do these:
1.Moab rim trail (great cliffs and awesome views)
2.Hells revenge (starts @ the bottom of lionsback)
3.pritchet cyn
There a jeep shop on the south end of town. those guys will take one look at you and whatever gear/rigs you have and send you to the right trail/s.

Warning beer in Utah is only 3.2% alc not 5% alc like it is in most states. So if you are a beer drinker bootleg some in with ya! not that the ALC content is a big deal the beer will taste drastically different than what you may be used to,ASK ME HOW I KNOW?

pm me if ya need lodging or any other info
Steve

Old 01-11-2014, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Originally Posted by claycope
So, Moab is April, but I'm heading to the Paiute trail the last week of August. Will be on the trails for 4 days, camping as we go. I know this will be just a small sampling of the trail system, but it will not be my only visit. If you have any recommendations on a 4 day route, I'm all ears. Thinking we will head east out of Marysvale up into the Monroe mtns, then do the southern half of the trail, ending up west of Marysvale.

Will do. Will revive this thread after the trip with a full report.
We didn't camp when we did 4 days on the Paiute. Buddy wants to do that someday. We'll see. Specta, from here on the forums was our trail guide for the middle two days. Great guy to have as a guide and all around great person. We had a good time when we went. Anyhow, we went out of Marysvale each day. First day we did the local mountains to the west of Marysvale and got a feeling for the map/actual travel. From Marysvale the southern half of the Paiute is a days ride even to the farthest reaches. Could probably do the northern half but we never got up there. Tuesday, we went with Specta up to the east of Marysvale, Wednesday, to the NW and North, and Thursday to the SW by way of the Tushers. It didn't matter where you went, the views were beautiful.

Old 01-12-2014, 12:14 AM
Weekend Warrior

one last thought make sure your not there during the Easter jeep safari! lots and lots of trafic on the trails

Old 01-12-2014, 12:34 AM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by camojeeper
one last thought make sure your not there during the Easter jeep safari! lots and lots of trafic on the trails
Already thought of that. Going a week after the Easter jeep safari (arriving on the 23rd). Thanks for the heads up though.

Quick Reply: Finally, I'm going to Moab...