Family ATVing Photos Post photos of yourself, family and friends on the trail.

Show us your current and former ATVs/UTVs

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2019, 09:28 PM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Show us your current and former ATVs/UTVs

I didn't see a place for this so I'll start the thread with 2 of my former ATVs.

2000 TrailBlazer 250 I only kept for a year. Stock.

And after I took off the TrailBlazer hood with its small headlight, added a Scrambler headlight kit, Scrambler 400 hood that I put a TrailBlazer 250 decal on, Scrambler rock guard/bash plate, a U-shaped tow loop bolted to the frame through the lower part of the rock guard, heavy duty rear shock, rear rack with gas can/cooler carrier bolted on, ammo can I modified to take a padlock, hand-guards, and some yellow grips. The grips were too tacky and dirt stuck to them, balled up, and looked like a bunch of boogers. I had a tow loop on the back and a ball that fit my trailer. I had a better picture but it was before I put the 250 decal on it. After it was all done I was told it looked like it was made that way. Like a Scrambler 250 if they ever made one. Everyone I met on the trail thought it was Scrambler until they saw "TrailBlazer" on the side or noticed the radiator was missing.

I traded that one in for a 2001 Sportsman 500 H.O. and added a Warn winch with a Polaris Multi-Mount kit with plugs in the front and back. I kept the winch on the back to balance out the quad better. I put a blue reflector behind the North Star cutout in the front bumper that showed up at night when headlights hit it. There were 2 round shafts on the front and 2 on the back with holes to attach the winch and bumper. I really liked having the winch on the back. If I got stuck I could pull myself back out of it instead of deeper into the mess. If I wanted to put the winch on the front I pulled out 2 wire lock pins and pulled the bumper off, pulled 2 more wire lock pins out of the winch mount, unplugged the battery quick connect plug, slid the winch off the back and onto the front, put 2 pins back in, and plugged the cable in. I think it took about half a minute. The bumper fit on the back where the winch was but if I hit the whoops too hard the tires would rub if I forgot to flip the bumper over. The part that slides over the 2 steel bars was off center.

The tow loop on the back is held on by the shaft of the trailer hitch ball. There another U-shaped tow loop on the front. That was really handy for pulling someone out with a rope. I could see what was going on. It had an 8" rack extension like all of my 500s, and a .50 caliber ammo can for my winch accessories, gloves, and whatnot. The white ball is on the bracket for the remote winch switch that plugs into the side of the headlight pod. I moved the power outlet to the other side of the pod closer to my GPS, and put the winch remote socket in the hole the outlet was in. I had a winch rocker switch on the handlebars but I could stand off to the side with the remote or hide behind my quad if I wanted to. The tires are Goodyear Mud Runners I bought in the stock 25" size. Great tires that they still make BTW, in regular or run-flat. The front cargo box is 5" high and holds a lot of stuff. I had the 3-headlight mod so all three light came on with the high beam and not just the top light. The thumb-warmer, and Round-A-Mount base for my GPS about covers it.

Old 04-30-2019, 07:47 AM
Range Rover

I bought my first ATV in 1997, but after many computer changes, and after a few picture hosting sites going belly up, pictures of the early days are long gone. Here is the oldest picture I have on this computer, from the December 2016 Elk hunt, a Polaris General that had a full cab with a heater. It was -16 F that morning when we started out, and only about 0 F when the picture was taken. My dad had just stepped out of the machine after we got stuck, and notice he is only wearing his hunting shirt, not his coat. That heater was great.

Old 04-30-2019, 07:53 AM
Range Rover

Circa 2017. A Can Am Maverick X3 XRS Turbo

Old 04-30-2019, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Boyz on our first quad, 2002 Kawasaki Lakota 300. Was a lot of fun.
Son's 2004 ATP 500

My 2006 Polaris X2 500 at work.

Old 04-30-2019, 07:34 PM
Range Rover

After much searching, I managed to find a few older pictures, from the end of my desert racing days.

Here is a picture of my 2015 Rzr XP 1000 Fox Edition at the end of a USRA desert race. I finished second out of 16 UTVs in that race.

And here is a picture of my 2016 Rzr XP 1000 Turbo at the starting line of the Cherry Creek National Hare & Hound. I won the mass start at that race, and led the pack for the first 6 miles or so. I finished 5th out of 28 UTVs.

Old 04-30-2019, 09:58 PM
THE BERMINATOR

Nice pics. Keep it up. I think I'd be better off with the Lakota than anything with a turbo. It might take longer to get there but I'd be less likely to need anyone to call an ambulance. Or "bring amber lamps" if you've seen that video.

Old 05-01-2019, 09:05 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Son's 2009 Can-Am Renegade 500 with my 2012 Can-Am Outlander Max XTP 650. Friend's Polaris Sportsman 500 is in the middle.

Old 05-01-2019, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Outlander Max XTP 650 decked out for camping on the Paiute Trail.

Old 05-01-2019, 09:21 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

1) My present steed, 2017 Can-Am Outlander Max Limited 1000r, with Specta on his Brute Force riding the San Rafael Swell.
2) Son's present quad, 2016 Polaris Scrambler XP 1000 above Monroe, UT on the Paiute Trail.
3) Son and our buddy Paul Jr. on their Scrambler XP 1000's.
4) Your's truly studying the map on the way to Lime Kiln Canyon, UT.

Old 05-01-2019, 09:32 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Only 1 quad I didn't have a picture. I had a 2002 Polaris Xplorer 250 2-stroke, 4wd. Hated the angry chainsaw sound all the time. Had it around the time we had the Lakota and sold it before buying the Sportsman X2.

Quick Reply: Show us your current and former ATVs/UTVs