Fishing! Salt & Fresh Water. Tackle, Bait. Discuss fishing tips, tricks and techniques.

going to WV for a week of atving and trout fishing....

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 07:58 PM
Range Rover
BUY AMERICAN!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile going to WV for a week of atving and trout fishing....

A few friends and I are going to WV Tuesday to ride our atv's and trout fish ..Most of the snow is gone and the weather is susposed to be decent..Sure has been a long winter...Last year we were able to ride almost every weekend...

Old 03-14-2010, 08:36 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Hatfield and McCoy area? I am on the Maryland side always looking for good and new trails close to us. We do Western,MD GreenRidge at least a few times in the summer right next to the WVA side. Ridersville is our Polaris dealer we drive to for the best prices and service. So I consider WVA to be my ATV foundation.

Cheers,

R'

Old 03-15-2010, 05:58 AM
Range Rover
Scared to death of girls!

That sounds like fun...my parents are coming down here Wednesday, and we're heading back into the mountains with the motorhome and atv's to ride and camp for a week as well. I always look forward to when they come down and we go. It's out in the middle of nowhere, so peaceful and relaxing.

Have fun!

Old 03-15-2010, 06:06 AM
Range Rover
BUY AMERICAN!

400x where in WV will you be riding..We have a camp on the Elk River in Webster County..We are just a short ride from SNOWSHOE ski resort..We ride in Webster,Randolph,Pochantas and Upsher counties..Our closest town is Webster Springs...

Old 03-15-2010, 07:16 AM
Range Rover

You guys will be on the other side of Charleston, from me. I live just west of Charleston, and we ride just south of Charleston. It's actually only 36 miles from where I am, to where we park. The great thing about this state is you don't have to go far to be way out there. I can actually look down on the Little Coal River trails of Hatfield Mccoy, tho we don't ride Hatfields trails.

We used to have to drive 4 1/2 hours in Michigan to ride trails..driving 36 miles is a dream

I've been to Gassaway on that side of town, but I've never ridden there. Where you heading down from? I've been wanting to see Seneca, have you been there?

Old 03-15-2010, 09:27 AM
Range Rover
BUY AMERICAN!

I live just west of Akron OH..Orignally from Webster Springs.Been in the buckeye state since 1962 but I am still a Mountaineer..Not sure where Seneca is???We normally ride all weekend and see no other riders..Where we ride the elevation is anywhere from 1800 ft.to 4800 ft.Just about all mountainous and a lot of streams to cross..The trails we maintain are basically old drag roads from where it has been logged..All the streams have trout in them and we also see several bear every year..Have fun and be safe...

Old 03-15-2010, 02:24 PM
Range Rover

Seneca is over that way. It's actually Seneca Rocks:

Seneca Rocks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's supposed to be real perty there and they have caverns that are awesome to see as well.

I'm always concerned we'll run into bears on the trail. I know they're supposed to get out of the way, I just don't trust that. So far, we've been fortunate.

I just re-did my dads fourwheeler for him, for his 70th birthday and he's been jonesin to come down...my mom and dad are both avid riders and we always have a good time. Where we go, even if we don't get to ride a lot, it's still worth the trip.

I didn't know you were a buckeye.. you can spell and everything!

lol....

Old 03-15-2010, 06:33 PM
Range Rover
BUY AMERICAN!
Question

400x my man I am not a buckeye..Only live here temporary..Just joking..Yes I know where Seneca Rocks are..My grandparents lived very close to that area..We had our family reunion there for many years..After the old folks passed away the younger generation lost intrest.My father moved to Webster county to work in the coal mines in the forty's.All my family but me still live in Webster County..Seneca rocks area is a very nice area to visit..