General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

i would like to start a dum law thread!! place you can talk about dumb laws!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 03:34 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i would like to start a dum law thread!! place you can talk about dumb laws!!!

some one start one..... lol

Old 05-24-2009, 04:45 PM
Chasing trails, Dodging dust devils.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL...Nice Chuck!! Well...??? you started this thread, where is your dumb law?
I'll get back to u later with mine...trying think of one good enough to post.

Old 05-25-2009, 02:39 PM
Trailblazer

Here's one, the entire rules govourning electrical installation, uasge etc. If people (read idiots) want to kill / injure themselves let them do it. The world would be a better place.

Old 05-25-2009, 03:15 PM
Pro Rider

how about all the warning stickers that are on an atv or a lawn mower? you know there on there cuz someone decided to either change the lawn mower blade while the blades were turning, or decided to go up hill with 2 people on the rack on the atv. then if they lived decided to sue the company. so now they have to put decals on it to keep them from getting sued becuse the user was an idiout.

Old 05-25-2009, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

The warning sticker on my X2 says to not have more than one passenger with a little sign that shows 3 people on it with a slash through it.

Old 05-25-2009, 07:00 PM
Range Rover

atv and lawn mower companies only put those stickers on there to cover their a$$e$

Old 05-25-2009, 07:42 PM
Pro Rider

Warning on a manual for a blow dryer says not to use it while sleeping. Thing is, how would you use it if you were really sleeping?

Trending Topics

Old 05-26-2009, 03:01 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Not so much a law as another sticker. A guy put the base of his ladder on frozen manure by his barn up in Maine. He went up on the ladder and the base slid out from under him and he got hurt. The Lynn Ladder Co. was sued and at least for a time had a warning about putting the base of a ladder on frozen manure. It was a local story that came out here in Massachusetts.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:36 PM
Trailblazer

I don't remember the comedian, but a few years back, one did a bit on the stupid warnings.

The guys posed the question 'What do they do, get some stupid people in a room and say "here, play with this until you hurt yourself" then they write it down...

I personally love the story of the guy that sued the lawn mower manufacturer because he lost fingers when he tried to lift up his push mower and use it as a hedge trimmer... The instructions didn't say not to use it that way.

Recent Darwin Award Honorable Mention (the lady lived). She sued a motor home company because the manual did not warn her not to set the cruise control and get out of the driver's seat. You can imagine how that worked out... 'Cruise Control' is not the same as 'Auto Pilot.'

LOL, how did these people survive to adulthood?

Old 05-26-2009, 10:57 PM
Chasing trails, Dodging dust devils.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very sheltered lives. Don't forget about the lady that sued mickey d's because she burned herself with a cup of coffee. Now their coffee cups have warnings on them... Caution contents may be hot. LOL...thats just retarded..if I ever get a cold cup of coffee from them can I sue??? HAHAHA, then it would say .. Caution contents may or may not be hot !!!!

Quick Reply: i would like to start a dum law thread!! place you can talk about dumb laws!!!