General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Oh what a day!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 08:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oh what a day!

I rented a kubota to get some ditches dug out on my road and lay gravel on my driveway, then got done early and went to dig out my atv mud bogs, but kept on disturbing bees and they were everywhere. So I have this creek in my woods that I wanted to dig out and managed to get the kubota back there and get some digging done, then got stuck and backed up only to capsize the kubota.

Name:  024-1.jpg
Views: 622
Size:  89.5 KB
Name:  023-1.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  112.6 KB
Name:  022.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  120.1 KB

So I had to go to tractor supply and buy a 6000lb come along and some heavy duty straps. The come alone pulled thisa heavy tractor up and I was finally able to get it out with no damage. I did not get injured when it capsized, it all happened so fast. Mainly because I had to have hoe in up position because the bottom part of it kept hitting ground when trying to back out of the creek.

Old 08-04-2009, 10:21 PM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to hear that your alright

looks like a fun mud hole.

Old 08-05-2009, 05:12 AM
Pro Rider

Would of been funner if I was able to dig it out the way I planned to in first place, it is no where near completed. It wasn't until after 6pm when I finally got it up and then out of woods, then power washed it off. I had a nice vision for that creek, make a nice area to ride atv through, but am going to call up rental place and return machine today this way I recoup some of the money for getting it back a day early. I had to spend $256 for a come along and straps, so Saving $200 plus by returning machine a day early makes sense. I have other mud bogs i made a couple years back and started digging them out more, but kept unearthing bee nests and they were flying everywhere and had to get out of there fast! So those dam bees put a hault on those bogs as well. That come along I bought handles 6000lbs real good!

Old 08-05-2009, 11:06 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Glad you're okay and didn't get injured. I had rented a skidsteer to spread some topsoil in my yard. I was nosing down a slight incline and the skidsteer did a nosestand. I had to get out and pull it back on its wheels with my truck.

Old 08-09-2009, 03:49 PM
Pro Rider

You may want to wait till spring before the bees get busy to do that work. lol

Old 08-09-2009, 10:44 PM
Pro Rider

There is this one location where I knocked down a small tree that was dead and they are living in the stump. The stump is right next to my mud bog, making riding there not possible anymore. I've got the chemical to kill them, just very hard to access this area, cause you either have to stand in the mud bog and sink a ft down in the sinking mud, or sit on the atv while spraying int he mud bog, making a quick get away hard because of mud bog. I need to get the chemical right inside the entrance of the stump, in order to exterminate them correctly. Or just throw some gas onto the stump and light it up. It's wet and muddy there, so I'm not worried about fire spreading.

Old 08-12-2009, 02:43 PM
Pro Rider

Well bees are terminated! doused the hive yesterday with pyrithium based chemical and checked on it this afternoon and they are all dead inside the stump. Now I can go in my mud bog.