ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   General Chat (https://atvconnection.com/forums/general-chat/)
-   -   Snow-Blade Turn Kit ?? (https://atvconnection.com/forums/general-chat/321211-snow-blade-turn-kit.html)

Rubicon/Deere 12-07-2009 11:53 AM

Snow-Blade Turn Kit ??

I have a moose snow-blade and have a winch to lift the blade.

I want to fix my blade so I can turn it from the seat. "I don't" want to go with the "hydraulic kit.". I have that on my tractors.

I'm trying to figure out a way to use something 12-volt. I know that Warn sells something, but there is others ways to do it without buying their product.- I just thought of this last night, and started my search.

Has anyone done this to your snow-blade ??

Here's a video of what I'm trying to do.
YouTube - Hydraulic Power Turn kit for all ATV and UTV snow plows

Any info/pictures would be appreciated!

Thanks!

chuck_raduenz 12-09-2009 09:44 PM

you could get 2 12v actuators. both the same size. and do it like a truck plow. while one goes forward (push) the other one goes in reverse (pull).

Rubicon/Deere 12-11-2009 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by chuck_raduenz (Post 2873345)
you could get 2 12v actuators. both the same size. and do it like a truck plow. while one goes forward (push) the other one goes in reverse (pull).

Thanks for the reply!

Yes that would work.. I found this picture on the web.. It only has one electric cylinder on it.

I have searched the web a lot and can't find where to buy one like in the pic.. It will pull/push also.

psenitrohunter 01-19-2010 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Rubicon/Deere (Post 2873842)
Thanks for the reply!

Yes that would work.. I found this picture on the web.. It only has one electric cylinder on it.

I have searched the web a lot and can't find where to buy one like in the pic.. It will pull/push also.

I dont know if you're still looking for this or not but it was made by Eagle, I think, and they no longer make them. I have been looking for a power pivot system myself and have not had much luck. I really dont want to drop $800 for the newer style hydro turn systems.

psenitrohunter 01-19-2010 09:13 AM

Just found this on Ebay
ATV Hydraulic Snow Plow Power Turn Unit : eBay Motors (item 300386707231 end time Jan-20-10 14:47:33 PST)

Sisco1957 01-19-2010 09:02 PM

This may sound crazy but could a 12 volt trailer jack be used? They look alot like the pic posted above. Just a crazy thought.

0010 01-19-2010 10:52 PM

OK, even crazier still, depending on your fabrication abilities... Use a 12v motor with some sort of gear reduction system to really slow down the motoin and add torque. Mount the motor with the output shaft vertical. Mount an arm on the output shaft - the mount should be in the center of the arm. To each end of the arm attach a pushrod that attaches to the blade. This will work as a push pull system without needing to synchronize two motors.

To me the hard part of this is finding a gear reduction system that would slow it down enough. But and old winch motor might be just the trick.

If you have the time and the ability or resources for this sort of thing, it could be a fun project. Not having an ATV plow myself, the big question is space. Is there enough space between the front of the ATV and the plow to mount this stuff and still be able to raise and lower the plow without interference. Good luck!