General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Snow-Blade Turn Kit ??

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 11:53 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Snow-Blade Turn Kit ??

I have a moose snow-blade and have a winch to lift the blade.

I want to fix my blade so I can turn it from the seat. "I don't" want to go with the "hydraulic kit.". I have that on my tractors.

I'm trying to figure out a way to use something 12-volt. I know that Warn sells something, but there is others ways to do it without buying their product.- I just thought of this last night, and started my search.

Has anyone done this to your snow-blade ??

Here's a video of what I'm trying to do.
YouTube - Hydraulic Power Turn kit for all ATV and UTV snow plows

Any info/pictures would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Old 12-09-2009, 09:44 PM
Pro Rider

you could get 2 12v actuators. both the same size. and do it like a truck plow. while one goes forward (push) the other one goes in reverse (pull).

Old 12-11-2009, 07:04 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by chuck_raduenz
you could get 2 12v actuators. both the same size. and do it like a truck plow. while one goes forward (push) the other one goes in reverse (pull).
Thanks for the reply!

Yes that would work.. I found this picture on the web.. It only has one electric cylinder on it.

I have searched the web a lot and can't find where to buy one like in the pic.. It will pull/push also.

Old 01-19-2010, 08:57 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Rubicon/Deere
Thanks for the reply!

Yes that would work.. I found this picture on the web.. It only has one electric cylinder on it.

I have searched the web a lot and can't find where to buy one like in the pic.. It will pull/push also.
I dont know if you're still looking for this or not but it was made by Eagle, I think, and they no longer make them. I have been looking for a power pivot system myself and have not had much luck. I really dont want to drop $800 for the newer style hydro turn systems.

Old 01-19-2010, 09:13 AM
Weekend Warrior
Old 01-19-2010, 09:02 PM
Range Rover

This may sound crazy but could a 12 volt trailer jack be used? They look alot like the pic posted above. Just a crazy thought.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:52 PM
Trailblazer

OK, even crazier still, depending on your fabrication abilities... Use a 12v motor with some sort of gear reduction system to really slow down the motoin and add torque. Mount the motor with the output shaft vertical. Mount an arm on the output shaft - the mount should be in the center of the arm. To each end of the arm attach a pushrod that attaches to the blade. This will work as a push pull system without needing to synchronize two motors.

To me the hard part of this is finding a gear reduction system that would slow it down enough. But and old winch motor might be just the trick.

If you have the time and the ability or resources for this sort of thing, it could be a fun project. Not having an ATV plow myself, the big question is space. Is there enough space between the front of the ATV and the plow to mount this stuff and still be able to raise and lower the plow without interference. Good luck!