ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   General Chat (https://atvconnection.com/forums/general-chat/)
-   -   Cable snapped on plow! (https://atvconnection.com/forums/general-chat/321661-cable-snapped-plow.html)

Burndog 01-11-2010 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Troyboy68 (Post 2883171)
Hey that looks great! i never knew they made that,then agian this whole plowing with an ATV is new to me,thanks im gonna order one up.

What I did was used a tennis ball as a winch saver. Just located one & drilled two holes & threaded the cable thru it. Works fine so far. No breaks.

boomerdog 01-11-2010 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Burndog (Post 2883710)
What I did was used a tennis ball as a winch saver. Just located one & drilled two holes & threaded the cable thru it. Works fine so far. No breaks.

Now that sounds like a cheap fix. Never thought of that. Would be a lot less than the 15 bucks for the rubber one.

boomerdog 01-11-2010 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Troyboy68 (Post 2883296)
WOW! thats insane snow! you need a tractor never mind a ATV lol,, you must be next to Ft.Drum i used to do my summer drills over there with the national guards,we used to take the 1000 island ferry tour on a sunday,very nice up there,, we get alot of snow too,but heck,not 5 ft in a week:eek:, well take good care of the Eiger,ttyl.-

I am in Sterling only about 2 miles from the lake and Ft. Drum isn't far at all from me. We do get an insane amount of snow here. It didn't snow today though. YEAH... I am only about 10 miles from Fulton. they were on the national news with all the snow we got. If it gets too bad here my wifes uncle has a big tractor to dig me out if I get behind. So far the Eiger has been doing a great job. Just have to stay on top of it.

jakerides 01-27-2010 02:33 PM

cable

I've been thru cables and broken ropes just changed to a tow strap works great. Purchased 25' strap 3" wide from Fleet Farm for $18.00 cut 10' off and hooked to winch works great won't break its rated for 5,000 # took balance of 15' and had canvas shop sew loop on ($5.00) so I have the 15' pull strap plus the new winch strap. Cheap fix

woodsidewarrior 03-03-2010 01:46 PM

lifting plow too high

A great way to keep from lifting your plow too high and pulling your cable clamp into your winch I cut a 1x3 and straped it to my front rack lifted the plow to the highest point that I wanted to go measured down from the 1x3 to the top of the plow cut a peice of 1x3 that long and screwed it to the 1x3 that i straped to the rack then when when you lift your plow until it touches the wood and you know it at its max hight

Troyboy68 03-03-2010 03:03 PM

Thanks for your tips guys,, im actually getting the hang of it now,i learned that i cant tork it all the way,so now i bring it up 3/4 and it seems fine,, then i pop the plow off and hit the trails! oh yaaaa! lol.