ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   General Chat (https://atvconnection.com/forums/general-chat/)
-   -   Who rides without a helmet? (https://atvconnection.com/forums/general-chat/323033-who-rides-without-helmet.html)

DODGE57HEMI 01-27-2010 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Scootergptx (Post 2889518)
I kinda feel selfish after reading a few reasons why some of you wear your helmets.

Me, I do cause I didn't buy all the stuff for my wife's next husband. ;)

If I could only be so lucky ;)

aaronrkelly 01-28-2010 12:41 AM

Where are we riding?

On the trails....helmet 100% no questions asked, goes on before I even back off the trailer.

In my yard/spare lot....no helmet. Not necessary.....flat ground, no technical terrain, not enough area for any excessive speed.

Im not a real big helmet wearer, even on my street bikes....but helmets are the law on public trails and I will follow it.

Dande 01-28-2010 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by aaronrkelly (Post 2889587)
Where are we riding?

On the trails....helmet 100% no questions asked, goes on before I even back off the trailer.

In my yard/spare lot....no helmet. Not necessary.....flat ground, no technical terrain, not enough area for any excessive speed.

Im not a real big helmet wearer, even on my street bikes....but helmets are the law on public trails and I will follow it.

I agree with aaronrkelly in asking in what type of terrain. If some of you would have read mine closer, before blasing some of us that don't always wear a helmet, you would have read "I'm in my 3/4 acre yard" moving stuff around, I've never ridden on a trail yet.

Now, when I'm on the cycle, I always wear my helmet, even though we don't have to in our state.

Like I said if I would go to a trail, then I'll wear one.

bitterfitter 01-28-2010 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Dande (Post 2889657)
I agree with aaronrkelly in asking in what type of terrain. If some of you would have read mine closer, before blasing some of us that don't always wear a helmet, you would have read "I'm in my 3/4 acre yard" moving stuff around, I've never ridden on a trail yet.

Now, when I'm on the cycle, I always wear my helmet, even though we don't have to in our state.

Like I said if I would go to a trail, then I'll wear one.

Yup, in the yard, moving firewood up from the back, i don't wear one either. Loading up, no helmet either, but on the trails, absolutley yes every time.

Funny story, when I lived in ND, there was no helmet law. I went out, started my bike (ninja 600, and I was 50 lbs lighter) realized I forgot my wallet in the dorm, looked at my helmet when I went back inside, and thought, "I better wear that today"... don't know why. Long story short, about 45 minutes later I was laying in the road, about 20% of my skin scraped off. Don't know what happened, (found out later) adrenaline kicked in, and I hop up in a panic, feeling no pain, and my helmet falls off. The only thing holding it together was the chinstrap and the visor. I split it when I hit the ground. It saved my life for sure.

XPaul 01-30-2010 10:57 AM

You mean like this?

1 Attachment(s)
I do. But when I was single, I always put a helmet on my soldier before sending him into battle!

CTDreamin 02-06-2010 01:02 PM

Noob here, but not to ATV's

Last time I rode without a helmet was in the Sand Dunes in Central LA.....last damn time that happened. Smacked my head real hard and ended up with my first of many concussions.

2strokezilla 02-07-2010 01:50 AM

always you never know what can happen in a split second

crimescene 02-08-2010 08:49 PM

On Trails I never do..never did even riding dirt bikes we never did..not saying its the smart thing to do but ehhh ..

Funny thought though..as I was typing this up I just remembered when I left the Army I had to pay for my kevlar being as how I have no idea were it went..last I saw it I think was 91?? maybe

Crime

hayesjo 02-09-2010 08:00 AM

When I ride with my son always, trails always, around the house seldom. It depends on what I am doing around the house if I am riding for fun then yes if I am riding for work (hauling wood, sand, deer) then no.

Kevin R. 02-10-2010 08:59 AM

I will always wear one when I trail ride or at the track. At the farm or hunting at the flat land rach I won't.