General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Coolers!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 11:01 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coolers!?!?

Hey everyone out there, just wanting to hear some input on how ya'all transport your trail drinks!

Old 04-01-2010, 07:56 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Just bring my most beat up cooler, fill it with ice after beverages are inside to make a sort of tight fitting package. I use a cargo net to tie it off front or rear depending on if I have a passenger. So far no casualties. Had a friend's kid who brought Doritos one time. By the time we got to our favorite lunch spot his ziploc bag was filled with Dorito dust.

Old 04-01-2010, 08:45 AM
Pro Rider

Rookie mistake.. purchased a Arctic Cat rear cargo box for my TRV, loaded it with cooler full of drinks, towel, extra shirt and couple other things. By the time our first stop ( about 20 miles ) opened it up and it looked like I had put it in a clothes dryer. Cooler open, alum can broke, everything wet... just was a huge mess. Then about 150 mile in the lid broke off that POS.. Looking for a good box to "mount" to the rack system now.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:38 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Soft cooler bags only, the bungee cords do not let the beers ,I mean pops to shake around. like hard coolers with the dice in a can affect.

Old 04-01-2010, 10:05 AM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!

bought a soft koplin bag cooler from my dealer. has storage on both sides and the cooler in the middle with a water hose on the botton to allow the water to drain on its own as you ride. 100.00 bucks normally 170.00. worked out real well,even comes with drink dividers and sandwish bag o put on top so the dont get smashed or soaked. holds 24 easy.

Old 04-01-2010, 10:07 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by TLC
Soft cooler bags only, the bungee cords do not let the beers ,I mean pops to shake around. like hard coolers with the dice in a can affect.
yea, soft cooler works best for us, my friends and i each carry a small (8-10cans +some ice) soft cooler they are cheap some times free (promotional)and work great
i got a yr on the one i'm using now and it still looks new, i just wash it after use

atvjumpers

Old 04-01-2010, 01:32 PM
Range Rover

i always leave mine in my truck as no trails longer than a half mile were i am.

Old 04-01-2010, 04:25 PM
Trailblazer

I stuff a soft sided cooler in my rear cargo bag, leave the big cooler in the bed of the truck.

Old 04-02-2010, 06:18 PM
Pro Rider

I use a soft rack bag that has two small insulated sections for drinks. It also has a soft cooler that clips onto the main bag. I bought a handful of ice packs from Waldo World that I keep in the garage freezer.

When we load the trailer I put the ice packs in the cooler with cold drinks fresh outta the garage fridge......works great.

Old 04-03-2010, 10:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

"I use a soft rack bag that has two small insulated sections for drinks. It also has a soft cooler that clips onto the main bag. I bought a handful of ice packs from Waldo World that I keep in the garage freezer."

What kind of rack bag do ya have? i've been lookin at them and there is so many out there, just wanting to hear some input on which ones are worth the money, thanks

Quick Reply: Coolers!?!?