General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

gas can

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 08:59 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gas can

Was wondering what type of gas can people use to take along on their atv. I see the Kolpins are nice. If you use a regular gas can - I imagine the cap has to be on tight - so what about venting. Will a lot of pressure build up in the can being in the sun??????

Old 05-26-2010, 09:21 PM
I haven't been stuck since the last time!
Default Gas Can

We use a standard two and a half gallon can on the back rack...too tight to pay for the rack packs just to carry four gallons! We have never had any trouble with it...pressure builds slightly....nothing alarming! Good luck choosing!
Mudslinger2

Old 05-27-2010, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I had a box that I made when my son had a Polaris ATP 500 (like a pickup/quad mix) Because he only had a 3.5 gallon tank we would take extra fuel on long runs. The box was made out of scrap 3/4" pine I had around and I made it to fit three 2-1/2 gallon cans. They did tend to push a little bit of fumes by the caps sometimes but nothing major. I saved up my money to get a set of two 2 gallon Rotopax gas cans. Nice units. You can snap them together with provided clips, stack them with accessory hold downs, and they come in quite a few configurations. See: ATV Fuel Pack | Fuel Packs | ATV Fuel | Gas Container | Gas Can | Fuel Storage | Kolpin | Gas Cans | Jerry Cans I read a ton of reviews on them and every single one I read raved about them. Because I have a Polaris X2 I was able to get a special rack that fits a 4 gallon Rotopax (or two 2 gallon cans) underneath. Look at my pages albums to see what it looks like. The Kolpins I was also considering didn't have as many good reviews.

Old 05-27-2010, 10:54 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!