General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

atv'n where your from

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 01:43 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I live in Mass- it's against the law to enjoy any form of recreation what so ever unless it's horseback, knitting or checkers.

Wait- that's not true... I think you can still swim legally- ooops, wait- some woman just got questioned by the police in Lowell for cooling off in the Merrimac River.
So I guess swimming is illegal also in mass, never mind-

But hey- we’ll give you free medical, food, unemployment, a drivers license, school grants and housing if you’re an illegal, errrr- I mean “undocumented” human…

I'll shut up now

Old 08-07-2010, 12:30 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just EAST of Cincinnati Ohio several atv parks in a 50 mile area..

Old 08-07-2010, 11:06 AM
Weekend Warrior

I live in southeastern Idaho and there are hundreds of miles of old logging and mining roads in the National Forests that are open to ATV's. Old mining camps are scattered here and there with abandoned log cabins and old mining equipment. I also live near the Saint Anthony sand dunes, however I never go there. Too many people make it dangerous, several are killed each year up there.

Old 08-24-2010, 12:39 PM
Trailblazer

I live in the western Upper Peninsula of Michigan. I ride the hundreds of miles of old logging and mining roads just outside my door and use the snowmobile trail to get there. I just vacationed in the eastern side of the UP and noticed on a trail map that there are only a few miles of ATV trails despite hundreds and hundreds of miles of sno-mo trails. Very disappointing, actually. I guess I'm lucky to have the old roads to run at home, but I'm not sure of their legal status.

Old 08-24-2010, 02:46 PM
Range Rover
Default atv'n where your from

Live in the Mojave Desert (Barstow, CA) and there is more free unrestricted riding space out here in the desert than you could imagine. I live next to one of the ORV areas so riding is a matter of rolling the quad out of the garage and hit the sand.

You have every terrain you can think of to ride on except mud bogging as there is a distinct lack of water found in the desert and water does not mix well with sand...It's called flash flooding and you don't want to get caught in one of those.

Old 08-24-2010, 02:54 PM
Pro Rider

I live in Utah. There are thousands of miles of ATV trail systems here. You can ride from one state border to the next without riding on pavement. We also have the little sahara sand dunes, coral pink sand dunes, and the Hurricane sand dunes. You can also enter ATV desert races, and motocross races. Several towns have legalized ATVs for highway use as well.

Old 08-27-2010, 12:34 PM
Royalty Rider

I live in Idaho (the panhandle), and other than St. Anthony I have no idea where there is to ride. (I'm originally from CA).

Old 09-01-2010, 10:27 PM
Range Rover

northwest indiana, and there's a couple of places to ride, not all of them legal of course, but i stay out of those area's, closes legal park that i know of is attica badlands, and imho its worth the 2 hour drive for all the fun that can be had out there, but there is some "legal" area's within an hour of my house if you know the right people, or the people that own the land

Old 09-02-2010, 01:04 PM
Trailblazer

Dallas Texas. Not too much in the immediate area. I have one park about 15 miles from here. Within a 2 hour drive there are probably 6-7 great parks though. I just picked up my 2002 400ex this week though so I dont know all the spots yet.

Old 09-02-2010, 06:40 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In NW Mn where I am from you can ride just about anywhere... I ride from one town to the next and often park in front of the bank.... The only road not legal is the state highway, and you can get away with that too, if you mount a sprayer to your atv....