General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

does anyone have any experience with atv helmet 2 way radio

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 10:13 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default does anyone have any experience with atv helmet 2 way radio

does anyone have any experience with atv helmet 2 way radio

Old 10-13-2010, 07:01 PM
I haven't been stuck since the last time!
Default Scala Rider

We use the scala rider Q2. We bought them at the beginning of the summer b/c we were tired of turning around and checking on the guys behind us. We usually ride with a group of three and the radios work great. We can all talk to each other but not all at the same time. The headset runs off of bluetooth so the whole unit is mounted on the side of the healmet (approx 1.5 tall, 3 long, and .5 thick). It will tune in to FM radio and sync with your cell too.

Likes: Very dependable, decent battery life (will run all day), small and waterproof.

Dislikes: You can only sync three of them together, you can only talk to one other person at a time, needs a longer range (1650 feet now).

We bought ours at Iron Pony on sale for 100 bucks each...they are usually double that. There is a new unit out (G4)...don't know how it compares to this one...but is more expensive as far as I have seen. If I have missed anything that you have questions about...just let me know.
Mudslinger2

Old 10-14-2010, 07:49 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have used these for about 4 years now and love them. Our group consists of 6 riders. Great for both summer and winter. Even my 4 yr old has one so he can tell daddy when its time for a play break. They are voice activated. No buttons to push. Very light weight and you don't even notice they are on the helmet. They say the range is 2 miles but in the woods its about 1 mile. The one I have has bluetooth. Works great with my cell phone. I can accept call while on the trail and listen to music with no wires.

Helmet battery pack.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:29 AM
Trailblazer

I don't have experience with Atv radios but I do however have some with snowmobile radios. They should be the same thing really. They just velcrow on your helmet and put the battery pack in your pocket. They work great for being able to communicate with your riding buddy.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:49 AM
Trailblazer

We run the same system Mrthor has pics of except we don't have the helmet battery packs, just the larger pocket ones. These communicators are very popular in the WI area. We use them for both our quads and sleds. They work great and are worth every penny. I like being able to warn the guys behind me of on coming traffic or wildlife. Really a good safety item to have. One one I have connects to my GPS with bluetooth. I can also listen to toons and get phone calls. I got my first set from the manufacturer direct then I got the other 2 from our local store for much less. Here's a link. http://www.theatvsuperstore.com/ATV-Helmet-Communicators-s/5.htm