General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Question for mods

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010 | 12:36 AM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Question for mods

i wanted to get permission to post the same post on different manufacture sections. i was ripped off by a ATV dealer (Performance East) i like to share my story. that dealer sells polaris, can am, and yamaha i like to post this post on yamaha and polaris to warn as many readers as possible.
http://forums.atvconnection.com/can-...7-warning.html

thank you

Old 10-22-2010 | 07:44 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"

If people have a great experience with a dealer, that dealer would want the free advertising. On the other hand, if you've had a bad experience with a dealer, the potential customers out there deserve to know too.

After reading your post, I would strongly suggest getting the repair shop to put their findings in writing, and contact an attorney.

Good luck!

Old 10-22-2010 | 09:01 AM
|
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Scootergptx
If people have a great experience with a dealer, that dealer would want the free advertising. On the other hand, if you've had a bad experience with a dealer, the potential customers out there deserve to know too.

After reading your post, I would strongly suggest getting the repair shop to put their findings in writing, and contact an attorney.

Good luck!
A attorney is not free or cheap. plus i do not think they broke the law. the bike was never registered so even if they rode it and broke it, it's still a new bike. now everyone knows that a bike with 22 hours is not considered new or like they told me "out of the crate". the bike should have been sold as a demo or scratch and dent bike.

they are guilty ethics and moral.

Old 10-22-2010 | 09:14 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"

I'd check and see if they have a free consultation. If they sold it as "new" and you can prove it had that many hours when you bought it, I don't think there would be much argument.

At the very least, a letter from an attorney would definitely get their attention. Unless they have an attorney sitting in their sales office, they would have to hire one if you decided to go further. At that point, they must decided how much an attorney would be vs offering you a settlement of some type.

If the letter costs you 100 bucks (just a random number), would you be out that much if it rattle their cage and made them realize they might have a potential suit on their hands?

I can understand you're upset with the way they treated you. But doing nothing more than being upset is what keeps places like that in business.