General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

two atvs to choose from?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 07:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my opinion a can am looks like something youd find in the back of kmart ;-) And i dont wear shorts i wear wrangler patch cowboy cut
:-P

Old 02-01-2012, 08:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by 95wolv
If you never got stuck.....that aint mud, its damp dirt. I did things on my "old man" Wolverine that would make you stain your shorts....so utes and sport utes have their place, and some can be ridden just as hard as a sport quad if you know what you're doing. Go up against a V twin Kawi or Can Am, and tell me thats for old men.....lol.
Totally agree!He might have been talking about a mudpuddle.A Can-Am Rene would run up one side of him and down the other when he got in the way and not look like it's only half put together.

As to the OP my choice would be the Yamaha.Polaris has had a lot of little issues with the 850's.

Old 02-01-2012, 08:13 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TacticalRedneckofKentucky
In my opinion a can am looks like something youd find in the back of kmart ;-) And i dont wear shorts i wear wrangler patch cowboy cut
:-P
Is that the special "Broke Back" cut? for easy acess??..........lol

Old 02-02-2012, 01:09 AM
Pro Rider

I'm not the guy who rides through the woods on wet days making ruts so not much to worty bout. But I've never got stuck when I do go through mud. In my opinion. Utilities are for the.. cough cough... older generations.
my 4x4 utility is 17 years old,..looks less than 5 yr old,..go threw mud up to the racks,..go scuba diveing in the river,...rocks an bolders no sweet,..run down road 60 mph,..haul her fat azz ,da beer,..the party supplys an my 320lb but where only deer have been,....have fun with ya lil sporty tryin to stay on course!

Old 02-02-2012, 09:34 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

I would look at the 750 Suzuki KQ, reliable and the best M.S.R.P price,might even have a little more power then the Grizzly but it sure would not have less. 722cc DOHC vs 686cc SOHC.

http://www.atvreviewnetwork.com/enth...=252245&go2=Go

Old 02-02-2012, 01:32 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Utilities are for the.. cough cough... older generations.
I guess this means one day you might grow up.

Old 02-02-2012, 01:56 PM

Haha.. I love you guys.. not really. I just don't like utilities. If I spend 8 g it had better be on a cummins. Now I've went through utility mud holes without getting stuck.. but I don't mess around and try to get stuck. And its those wranglers you get at tsc with the leather patch. So... id still druther have a quad to rev up and drop the clutch, or one that wont kill me if it turns over. Or one that wont leave you stranded... by a broken belt.

Old 02-02-2012, 04:56 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

or one that wont kill me if it turns over. Or one that wont leave you stranded... by a broken belt.

Old 02-02-2012, 07:22 PM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!

Haha.. I love you guys.. not really. I just don't like utilities. If I spend 8 g it had better be on a cummins. Now I've went through utility mud holes without getting stuck.. but I don't mess around and try to get stuck. And its those wranglers you get at tsc with the leather patch. So... id still druther have a quad to rev up and drop the clutch, or one that wont kill me if it turns over. Or one that wont leave you stranded... by a broken belt.
Not that im looking have a debate,but Ive seen a fair share of broken chains on sport bikes also. If never seen a broken belt,but i have seen worn out belts. I know they break but preventive maintenance goes a long way. Id also rather change a belt every 5,000 miles(which may take an hour),rather than have to put a new clutch in. Utilities have their place and so do sport quads. Most of us (friends) started out on sport,but ALL of us wizened up and bought farm tractors(utility).

Old 02-02-2012, 08:40 PM

Yep. I'm not all out crazy but I've seen banshees and other sports out climb artic cats and rubicons. I'm not much on rubber band toys.. hee hee.
ANYWAYY...
Yeah... how you maintain your stuff makes a world of differance. A lot.. I've lost my chain once.. had to buy new sprokets.. and could've cracked my case if it hadn't been for that $4 chain gaurd I bought. I ignored the loose chain... and it costed me...

Quick Reply: two atvs to choose from?