General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Need Help on FSN 110 CC

Old 03-12-2012, 12:04 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Need Help on FSN 110 CC

My son is mad at me. I sold his power wheels and bought a used FSN 110 and cant get the dang thing to run. PLEASE HELP! I got it to start at first but the throttle was wide open. Found that someone had messed with the carb and did not get the throttle to set properly. I fixed that but am now getting no spark at the plug. Any ideas? Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Old 03-12-2012, 04:17 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

not too familiar with your FSN, BUT, most kiddie quads have safety interlocks that must be satisfied in order to achieve spark. make sure the left hand brake switch is working. now your brake light might be burned out, but you should hear a "tink" up at the switch when activated. hopefully your brake light will go ahead and illuminate which of course tells you the switch is working. now, does it have a tether kill switch out the rear of it around seat area? if so, makes sure that wiring is intact and that the switch didn't work its way apart.
i don't know if that quad is a shifter or not, but if applicable, is the neutral switch active? OR, is it just a FWD gear and that's it? either way, the brake interlock must be satisfied. just a place to start.

Old 03-13-2012, 02:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

It is a fully automatic, the brakes does engage, and the tether is good I metered it to verify. I had it running until i fixed the throttle on the carb and now all of the sudden there is no spark on the plug. I dont know if somehow the coil went out or what.

Old 03-13-2012, 02:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

i can't find Lynn's diagnostics thread, but he'll see this thread and reply. all i can figure is maybe there's a wire jacket that has rubbed until wire is exposed and you jostled it around until it grounded out to kill the spark. that wiring may take the almost same path as the throttle cable. worth a look.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:44 AM
Weekend Warrior

The only thing I can figure is when I removed the body on the quad the wire harness from key pulled a wire from the connector but I repaired that. I will look a little deeper into that as well as the the other wires coming from that area and see if I see something amiss. I greatly appreciate all of your help. Hopefully I can get this resolved soon before my son goes crazy on me LOL

Old 03-16-2012, 12:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

Just to be stupid, do you know the location of the fuse box on this thing? I wonder if it blew a fuse

Old 03-16-2012, 06:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

sorry i don't. some quads have them in front of the handlebars under the plastics, some have them attached somewhere on the front part of the frame towards the top of the quad under the handlebars, some have just one fuse at the positive side of the battery. then again, i've seen a random inline fuse once in a great while...just out there. i've often wondered if those were factory or not.