General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Fathers, what to do with 13yr old?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 08:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if he isnt liking the bike much id go with the quads, from what ive seen dirtbikes are the kinda thing that u either like them or you dont.. maybe after he rides the quad for a bit he might get bored and want to try the bike again? i wouldnt reccomend selling the bikes, just keep them incase he wants to try them again

Old 12-09-2012, 04:56 PM
Trailblazer

I think the quads are the way to go. If you can afford it, maybe hang onto the bikes and see if he gains the confidence to try the bike again. I think letting him develop his self confidence at his own pace will be a good thing and he'll know he can come to you when he needs advice and help without pressure. Best luck.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:05 PM
Trailblazer

ok sell his dirtbike and you keep the dirtbike? he has a quad and you have a dirtbike. when he gets older and wants to try riding a dirtbike let him ride yours. i have also loved it when i got to use something my dad did such as him giving me an old shotgun he ust to hunt with, or letting me drive his truck, i took pride in it, but for now coming from an 18 yr old with parents that have been divorced for 7 years and dosent get to spend time with his dad, branch out he may say your pushing it but thats ok, he WILL regret not spending time with you. i regret not spending alot of my time with my dad. but we have our annual hunting trips we bond on lol. another thing when he turns 16 try and get him into american muscle and see what he likes suprise him with a beater and turn it into a father son project