General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

I hate working on trucks!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 03:03 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts
Default I hate working on trucks!!

Ac compressor belt broke on the old Silverado. Can't understand why, it's only 13 years old and the original one Slightly dry rotted too Got the air box,plenum,bash plate,serpentine belt off,and now just waiting on the old woman to pick up a new one(after she gets her nails and toes done,grrrr) so I can install it and get off my back since it's at the bottom of the damn engine! Everyone's gotta have a place to vent their frustration,and this place is mine! Plus 90 degrees in the garage with a fan doesn't help one bit!

Old 05-19-2013, 07:24 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Old lady got back with the belt,got it all back together and cool man,cool. Just thank full it wasn't a compressor!I knew I needed to replace this belt years ago,but like the old saying: plumbers have the worst drains,shoemakers kids go barefoot.... Now I've got to service my son's Yamaha out board motor on his pontoon tomorrow. I just thought I was retired.

Old 05-20-2013, 07:17 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

must've been a Gates belt. only they last that long. glad you got it going! sounds like you need an a/c unit in the garage! i mean, man cave!

Old 09-16-2017, 11:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default old polaris tech

is that pic really u or is that gollum

Old 09-17-2017, 01:01 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Originally Posted by bigcaejr
is that pic really u or is that gollum
I'm actually uglier than my avatar pic and Gollum combined..

Old 09-17-2017, 10:14 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

haha... i laughed when i seen the gm AC belt set up.. Just got my first gm last month mine ever breaks it stays broken..lol

Old 09-17-2017, 01:10 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Originally Posted by Zrock
haha... i laughed when i seen the gm AC belt set up.. Just got my first gm last month mine ever breaks it stays broken..lol
All the things you have to pull off to get to it plus it's behind the serpentine belt on the crank shaft pulley so that belt has to come off too..Not an easy job for an old man... I think engineers need to work on autos,atvs,motorcycles, etc for a couple years before they ever let them design things.Then they may have a little compassion on the poor techs that have to work on their stuff.

Old 09-17-2017, 08:56 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
All the things you have to pull off to get to it plus it's behind the serpentine belt on the crank shaft pulley so that belt has to come off too..Not an easy job for an old man... I think engineers need to work on autos,atvs,motorcycles, etc for a couple years before they ever let them design things.Then they may have a little compassion on the poor techs that have to work on their stuff.
yes I agree 100%

Old 09-17-2017, 09:07 PM
Pro Rider

So far nothing has gone out in my 2005 Ram, only 265,000 miles. My 355,000 mile Dodge Magnum just threw off the original serpentine belt. The bearings in the idler pulley let go, though. The belt still looked pretty good, though the mechanic refused to put it back on. I'm a cheap bastid, if it ain't broke, leave it alone. BTW only thing that I've had to replace on that 355,000 mile Dodge hemi that I've had to replace=(idler pulley, egr valve, and a crank sensor) All of those went out after 300k. I change spark plugs every 100,000 miles, cheapo Champion coppers.

Old 09-17-2017, 10:33 PM
Pro Rider
Lightbulb back at u opt

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
I'm actually uglier than my avatar pic and Gollum combined..
well i guess we all cant be handsome huh
seriously i read a question u answered about an older model 90cc artic cat or polaris about the electric choke and u told them to plug off the air tube comin out of the airbox, would this also possibly apply to a 2017 arctic cat 90 ???
will be eagerly awaiting ur reply

Quick Reply: I hate working on trucks!!