General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Can helmets be deadly?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 04:59 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jaster94
that was few years ago. i wished i would've taken a picture of it. but i was shook up quite a bit and my kids, who were way young, about freaked out. yeah, heckuva branch. they were riding behind me, i turned around to check their progress, when i turned my head back around forwards, there was the branch. i didn't have time to do anything but widen my eyes, hit the branch, and hit the ground. i thank God that my helmet was on my head. i am a firm believer in helmets. tell you what, tell or show your lady friend the grave markers around your town that are there because of a lack of helmets. around here, there are plenty of examples...unfortunately. good luck.
I may do that, she's so stubborn though I doubt it will have an effect. One of those people that I believe will have to learn the hard way eventually unfortunately.

Old 06-03-2013, 06:32 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anything CAN be deadly but I'd suggest wearing a helmet 99% of the time you are riding a bike..
I never want to hear "what if he was wearing a helmet"

yes, I've had several bad wrecks while racing that have put me to sleep... I'll continue to wear a helmet and whatever other protection that can help save me

Old 06-04-2013, 07:02 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Helmets probably save a thousand people for every one that they hurt. I wear mine when doing anything but plowing my driveway.

Old 06-04-2013, 07:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

look at this way, professionals wear helmets, heck, evel knievel wore helmets, i think the everyday joe would be wise to wear helmets and we're amateurs!!!!!. but you're right, personal choice and conviction.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Ask your lady friend if you can throw a brick at her face from 5' away... Eventually she will wreck hard and a brick to the face will seem like nothing compared to a atv on the head.

Old 06-04-2013, 11:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

My kids didn't want to wear helmets, told the the 4 wheelers would be sold if not. They both have had bad wrecks, one crushed the nose vent when he hit a branch mid jump (he was 11 when it happened, he had a concussion) the other slid sideways across the gravel, over corrected, and hit a tree head on. Shortened his 4 wheeler frame by 2 inches and hit his head on the tree, he got up laughing (he's a bit crazy, he was 10). They both thanked me for making them wear helmets. They both have nice new helmets now.

Old 06-05-2013, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Loki1699
My kids didn't want to wear helmets, told the the 4 wheelers would be sold if not. They both have had bad wrecks, one crushed the nose vent when he hit a branch mid jump (he was 11 when it happened, he had a concussion) the other slid sideways across the gravel, over corrected, and hit a tree head on. Shortened his 4 wheeler frame by 2 inches and hit his head on the tree, he got up laughing (he's a bit crazy, he was 10). They both thanked me for making them wear helmets. They both have nice new helmets now.
Glad they didn't get hurt any worse than that. All in all, I wear the helmet knowing it's better to.

Old 06-05-2013, 11:33 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Loki1699
i told my kids the same thing....if i catch them without a helmet whether or not they were on their quads or someone else's quads, i'd sell the quads cheap or give them away....guess what...they wear their helmets.

Old 06-05-2013, 04:17 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Crazy thing is she's 39 years old, you'd think she'd know better by now. But she's nearly all Irish and very stubborn. I am part Irish myself and am stubborn, but not that bad haha. May show her this thread, but idk if it will do much. The posts about the kids in here would be enough to do convince me if I was on her end. You got some tough kids, Loki! Glad they pulled through okay.

Old 06-05-2013, 05:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

I hope she decides to wear one, they help. My boys are wanting to upgrade to 250's, they are torn between the Honda TRX 250 and the Raptor 250, they want to go to Little Sahara and ride with me.

Quick Reply: Can helmets be deadly?