General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

2016 ODES Assailant 800

Old 07-13-2016, 09:37 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by greg74 View Post
Its a gamble buying something a little less known. Many times the price isn't that much less than the Can-Am or Polaris or whatever other vehicle it is very similar to. CF Moto is another one that is very similar. I think they have built a little better reputation if you can find a dealer nearby. Their sport utv is very much like a rzr and their utility based one is much like a Ranger.
Some of the imports are looking way to close to the name brand. Had a guy up here selling a import as a rzr. I actually did not notice until i started looking for badging and it was all gone. I knew the price was to good to be true..LOL

Old 07-13-2016, 12:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I just saw a 2015CF Moto Z6, which is basically a Rzr 570 clone for sale with 60 miles on it for $6200 on craigslist, heres the ad in fact http://owensboro.craigslist.org/snw/5634867071.html . It clearly looks different than a rzr though and the seller wasn't trying to deceive anyone by lying about it. Its just buying something like this always makes me a little uneasy. The reliability of these is still a bit of an unknown and it will probably take longer to get parts than it would be for an actual rzr if you need them. Though if i see one of them cheap enough, I might be willing to take a chance sometime.

Old 07-13-2016, 04:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

I cant wait to try out the outlander this weekend. If i couldve found more reviews i probably would've went and looked at the ODES but just didnt trust them without other opinions. The 570 seems to have more than enough power to pull me around.

Old 12-08-2016, 01:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

I bought an Odes 800 and love it(paid 7K). I've put 85 hard miles on it and just installed a super atv ez steering system. I've had it just north of 70 MPH and that was plenty fast for my ole @ss.

Old 11-04-2017, 11:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have a 16 odes assailant it is a canam motor good machine I have 700 miles on it no issues at all

Old 11-05-2017, 02:22 PM
Moto Psycho

I looked up ODES and they only show one ATV model and it's a 2-up. It has 26" Wanda tires which I never heard of. I looked at some reviews for them and it sounds like they're good tires at a low price but they're 1" smaller than the advertised diameter. Walmart sells them so you can look at them if you want to. For local dealers they list Family Farm & Home. I never heard of that store but took a quick look. They sell animal feed and lots of other things, but when I searched their site for "atv" they have some accessories but no ATVs.

Old 09-16-2018, 07:49 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Beware

Originally Posted by holschuh11 View Post
Does anyone have any thing good/bad to say about the 2016 ODES Assailant? They seem to be a nice wheeler, plus 5 year warranty.
Thanks for any advice!
i purchased this wheeler brand new. At first it sounded really good and went really fast so my husband and I were rather pleased with it. After a couple times riding trails everything started to break. The gas tank is UNDER the back seat so you have to take the whole seat apart which is a huge inconvenience. After having it a year and a half it had 555 miles on it. The pleas fix part around the gear shifter isnít secured very well and the throttle cable runs near it... my husband was driving the wheeler when the throttle cable got stuck and he flew into a tree at 42 MPH. This was not a user error- this was because of poor design. Before this happened- we always had issues with the lights shorting out and it would over heat. At 555 miles this wheeler is a complete piece of ****.

Old 09-16-2018, 01:57 PM
THE BERMINATOR

I'm sorry to hear about your husband's accident on that POS. That should be a lesson for everyone. Never buy an off-brand ATV at a place that also sells chicken feed.

Old 01-15-2019, 10:05 AM
Weekend Warrior

I bought my 2016 ODES Assailant in late 2016. I only have 300 miles on it but I have had no real issues with it except the skirt should have been made of something a bit more durable. If you hit something with the skirt it will definitely break . It would be a good idea to paint the fender part of the skirt with the rubber paint I see ads on tv for.
It has more than enough power even with two adults on it. I have it for sale but only because I made more money in 2016 than I am making now and need to get out from under the payment and pay taxes. I like it a lot and wish I didn't need to sell it.