General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Radiator relocate.

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2016, 01:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radiator relocate.

I have a 2016 Honda Rancher 4x4. Would it be worth the trouble to move the radiator to the front rack if I only ride shallow mud? I've never overheated it. Also if it would be worth it, who could cut the design custom?

Old 10-19-2016, 09:43 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Personally i would not worry about it. I ride through all kinds of mud and have never had a over heating issue. For my type of riding i need the rack space and no matter how well teh rad would be protected up to a stick will go through it. I create allot of new trail with my machine

Old 10-20-2016, 12:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Zrock
Personally i would not worry about it. I ride through all kinds of mud and have never had a over heating issue. For my type of riding i need the rack space and no matter how well teh rad would be protected up to a stick will go through it. I create allot of new trail with my machine
I'll add to also check to see how caked with mud it gets each time you ride. That's what causes a quad to overheat, a mud-caked radiator. It can't get any air flowing through it when its covered in mud. If its not overheating now, you're probably keeping the radiator relatively clean.

Old 10-21-2016, 09:25 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

goes the same for dust. When i first got my machine it had not touched any mud yet but a lot of dusty roads and trails. It over heated the dust had built up and plugged off the rad.