General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

07 250 KMD atv stator wire missing

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2016 | 12:26 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default 07 250 KMD atv stator wire missing

I have an 07 KMD (chinese) atv and i am replacing the wire harness and it is looking for a blk/red wire from the stator, to the trigger pulse in the cdi. From the stator I have 5 total, 3 yellows to the r/r and 1 green & 1 blue/wh. Can anyone help me with; what these 2 wires are or is there a way to around the blk/red?

Old 11-10-2016 | 01:44 PM
Trailblazer
Old 11-15-2016 | 08:30 AM
|
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the help. I actually got a DC cdi box and the atv starts up, but now, doesn't shut off when i take out the key.
Anyone have suggestions how to add a killswitch. Can i add a toggle to the direct current, going into the cdi box?

Old 11-15-2016 | 01:01 PM
Trailblazer

Out of curiosity what happened to ALL the kill switches which come with the bike?
Anyway you must have 4 wires coming out of the ignition (key) switch. The red and black wires must be for power. The green and black with white stripe are the kill wires.
To check this you can measure(engine shut-off) the voltage between the pairs above - red and black over 12volts, green and black with white stripe no voltage -if you want to add a toggle switch the it must be between these 2. Or you could get a new switch.

Old 11-15-2016 | 03:45 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

long story short, i bought it used and needed a starter coil. The wires were just running everywhere (both black & grn grounds had 5-6 other wires from them) so I replaced the harness.
Couldn't get it to start, cause i needed a DC CDI, replaced that. Only kill switches were the key and 1 on the throttlle. CDI doesnt ask for a killswitch in it, so now i can take key out, but atv stays running.
I do have those wires from the ignition. So toggle the blk/white with green?

Old 11-15-2016 | 10:34 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by TK1029
long story short, i bought it used and needed a starter coil. The wires were just running everywhere (both black & grn grounds had 5-6 other wires from them) so I replaced the harness.
Couldn't get it to start, cause i needed a DC CDI, replaced that. Only kill switches were the key and 1 on the throttlle. CDI doesnt ask for a killswitch in it, so now i can take key out, but atv stays running.
I do have those wires from the ignition. So toggle the blk/white with green?
I would try that!
The black/with white stripe from CDI goes to the kill switch.

Old 11-16-2016 | 01:41 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

And there's my problem. CDI only needs constant power, ground, trigger, and ign out to coil. I had no need for the blk/wht in it.

Old 11-16-2016 | 02:25 PM
Trailblazer

Lets forget the CDI.
Do you have a voltmeter to measure the voltage between the 4 wires I mentioned in my earlier post #4? If the measurements are as I mentioned in that post toggle switch the other 2 wires to create your kill switch. This also means there is something wrong with your (key) ignition switch which may require replacement.
Alternatively follow the 4 wires from the key switch up to the 1st plug. Unplug it. You now have a female socket.2 which are red and black should be the power supply. With a piece of wire short (join the 2 contacts) them. Now start your bike and it must fire. If it fires then to stop it short the OTHER(remaining) 2 contacts. This way we will know that when the toggle switch is off(circuit open) the engine runs and when on(circuit closed) it kills the engine.
Why I say this is because there are some cases where the opposite is true ie circuit open the engine cuts off and circuit closed the engine runs!!!!!

Old 11-16-2016 | 03:32 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

K, i'll give that a try when i get home, and see what i got.

Old 11-20-2016 | 12:58 PM
Trailblazer

Did you solve the problem?