General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

ATV Storage Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 12:50 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATV Storage Ideas

Hi Everybody,
I am buying my first ATV this month (Honda Rancher) and am still trying to figure out the method of storage I want to go with. I live in the north Georgia mountains, so my land is not level enough for a storage shed without a significant investment in a foundation. I have a full basement, but we have 5 cats who have free reign down there (kicking them out of the basement is not really feasible). Would it harm the ATV to have it down there with all the cat hair? Are there any other relatively cheap storage ideas out there? Thanks for your input!

Old 10-24-2016, 12:54 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

The upside to the basement would be a really low chance of rats chewing wires or building nests in it somewhere.

You could put a relatively cheap cover over it while it's down there. Won't keep the cats from crawling under it though.

Old 10-24-2016, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I wouldn't worry about cat hair hurting much of anything. Scratching and clawing, yes. Cat hair, no.

Even if you put the quad under a tarp outside, you'll still get a lot of moisture getting up under the quad. Rust will be a problem there.

My thought is make a little garage for the quad in your basement. Bunch of 2x4's and some 3/8" plywood would keep it safe from the cats.

Old 10-24-2016, 03:00 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't have a a good place to store mine so I just park it in the driveway with a cover over it. I keep it locked up so no one can take it. I got a Classic Accessories brand cover on Amazon. The elastic on the bottom was too loose so I tied a knot in it to make the elastic cord about a foot shorter. It works great now and the cover goes almost all of the way down to the ground.