General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Sprocket adjustment? is it needed?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2016, 05:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sprocket adjustment? is it needed?

So I have a 110cc Semi-auto atv (only foot shifter). Anyway. As soon as i press the gas in roughly 1 second i have to shift gears,then about 3-5 seconds later i have to shift to third(last gear). I was wondering if by changing the sprockets i could maybe make the gears last a little bit longer, the max speed i have reached on flat ground is 36mph. It takes me about 15-20 seconds to reach that. Thank you for the help, happy hunting!

Old 12-12-2016, 02:06 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Your Question Has Been Answered By Our Editors

We've got the hook up to your question and it can be found on the ATV Connection homepage by clicking here:

Ask the Editors: Get Me More Juice Through My Sprockets - ATVConnection.com

Old 12-12-2016, 10:05 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

i would not change it to much. With these smaller units the low first gear helps kids allot when they are trying to get over rough ground. My little one uses first allot when on trail rides she cannot get over obsticals in any other gear first will always get her over. Sounds like hers is geared taller as she rarely uses 3rd

Old 12-12-2016, 07:10 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you both very much! To you Zrock, i would say the 110cc atv i have is a full sized adult one. i have no issue with going over rough ground or anything like that, thank you again!