General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

06' Honda Recon 250ES not cranking

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 11:56 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06' Honda Recon 250ES not cranking

Hello all, I'm new to this forum and I need some help. I recently purchased a used 2006 Honda Recon 250ES for $180, 2" lift, snorkel, rebuilt top end, bored out to a 280.. At first i needed a solenoid so I purchased one, and installed it so I could get it to turn over. The Recon has been sitting for a while in a friend's shed, the fuel tank was slam full of gas, but it was bad gas and I didnt really think about it until I got it to crank 3 times on bad gas, but it wouldn't idle or anything it'll just die. I couldn't get it to crank again. So I emptied the tank, and put new gas in it. I bought a brand new spark plug and still no cranking up, hooked up the battery to jumper cables and still no cranking up, I took apart the carb and it was not to blame, all vents were open, the float was fine, but again it kept on sending gas straight through the carb into the airbox trying to flood. Even more suspicious was that a vent line was also ejecting gas when I was trying to get it spin over and it wasn't the usual one on the bottom of the carb doing it. I am clueless about what my problem can be. I'm open to all suggestions, thanks.
​​​​​