General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Need some help with tires

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 01:55 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help with tires

Im looking for a new set of tires but im not sure what to get i go through some mud but i go on alot of trail riding to and i dont want the tires to wear down really fast

Old 01-29-2017, 10:33 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

I run traxion grippers they are a great all around tire. Work well in all conditions including mud. They just released a radial version that i may try in a few years when they wear out.. Have over 8000km on one set of the grippers

Old 01-29-2017, 01:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've got mudlite ats on my Brute Force(had them on it when I bought it) and they are a good all-around tire. Decent traction in mud and do good on harder packed easy stuff too. In stock size, they're only slightly heavier than stock tires and are pretty reasonably priced. Those traxion grippers look like a good tire, I had never heard of them until you mentioned them. They look similar to a bighorn but a bit more aggressive. 8000km(or about 5000 miles) is an unbelievable amount on one set of tires. Most people won't even keep their quad long enough to put that many miles on it. Sounds like they would be worth the extra $$$ to get that kind of longevity. I see they're under $400 for a set in stock size, still not bad.

Old 01-29-2017, 01:12 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

I put those km on in about 2 years... tires still have lots of life left in them. probably another 8000km easy. I'm not easy on my tires or my machine so I'm impressed with them and will recommend them to anyone