General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Spark arrestor

Old 02-06-2017, 11:55 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spark arrestor

i now have an outlaw 50cc for my son and an 450mxr for myself.... most places I look to ride say we must have spark arrest?!? Are they part of standard exhaust or do I need to upgrade since my outlaw is 9 years old? Do they really inspect? Rausch creek or anthracite riding.....

Old 02-06-2017, 02:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

Im not sure if they are standard or not but its a simple check, Just look into your exhaust with a flashlight and if you have one there will be a screen of some kind, usually metal.

If you have an unmodified OEM exhaust the chances are that you have one already installed.
If your running an aftermarket pipe like HMF, TwoBrothers, Big Gun Ect you probably dont (or at least neither my TwoBrothers pipe or any of my friends aftermarket pipes have them.) Generally you can order them online for fairly cheep for whatever brand of exhaust you have, for my TBs exhaust it was 19.99 USD and for my friends BigGun it was like 14USD. Im sure you could even find a generic one that would work just as well at your local dealer or parts store.

Old 02-06-2017, 02:53 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Like BotlAbash said if you have the original exhaust it's probably in there. You need a spark arrestor to ride on any national forest trails and many other trails so most ATVs have one there from the factory.

Old 02-06-2017, 06:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

Gottem..... I was worried with the age of the Outlaw it wouldn't...