General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Kick Start Problems- Yamaha Blaster

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 08:49 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kick Start Problems- Yamaha Blaster

Hello everyone. I'm fairly new to the atv world and I'm having some trouble right now. I bought a yamaha blaster (92 I believe), and it ran solid other than an exhaust leak. I didn't try to run the **** out of with that going on, but just ran it to make sure it was still starting up. Well, I gave it a quick run up and down the street, but when I was trying to start it up again, the kick start was locked. So my questions are, would you guys think it's the piston or cylinder? I don't believe the motor is seized as it will turn over. Do you think it's just the spring in the kick start or its binded up in the casing?

Old 04-25-2017, 08:54 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Their is something inside the kickstart that is failing and causing it to jamb. Could be the gear, bearing, spring, hard to say until u pull apart

Old 04-25-2017, 11:11 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to dive in today after work. so you don't think it's anything with the motor being seized or a piston?

Old 04-26-2017, 08:52 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

if you can turn the motor over then it should be fine.