General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

2008 dvx 400

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2017 | 04:15 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default 2008 dvx 400

Hey everyone . I just have a quick question on whether I am headed in the right direction in fixing my quad. I took my quad in a while back to have it looked at because it would run for about 3 minutes and then die and then 20 minutes later it would start up no problem. The shop told me it was just because the switch on my clutch and my clutch perch were loose. Ran my quad for 4-5 miles probably 20-30 minutes with no problem. Then it started doing it again. I could make it a quarter mile at a time down the trail. A new clutch perch, switch and handle is $200 so I am just trying to figure out if I am headed in the right direction before I buy it.
Thanks

Old 05-17-2017 | 05:03 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Have you checked for spark when this happens? Plus have you done a compression check when cold? Checked valve clearance? Plus make sure the tank vent and carb vents are clear and open and no kinks that could cause a vapor lock.

Old 05-17-2017 | 05:09 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

I have spark. Just changed the plug before I took it in. I have not checked compression. I know I am getting fuel . Not sure on vapor lock.