General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Blaster, or 4 stroke?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2017, 02:33 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blaster, or 4 stroke?

I've only ever owned one quad, though I've ridden a few on trails and mud holes in my area. Right now I have a 250 2WD Quadrunner, I got it for $850 just as a first quad and I love it. I can get a wheelie on it in low range and it's light enough I can throw it around a little, although it obviously isn't made for that and it has a lack of power being a utility 250. So I'm looking into sportier bikes and a blaster really catches my eye being cheap and super light. I've only ever ridden one sport quad and it was a 450 raptor and I loved it, but I'm wondering if a blaster is all-around a more fun quad than say a 350 warrior, or 300ex? My main thought is if I buy a blaster and it blows up 2 months later I'm not going to be broke after rebuilding it, and it's not the case with a 4 stroke. So, are blasters quicker than a 300ex or a warrior? I'm not worried so much about top speed, I'll be trail riding. I also know that mods for a blaster are much more common and cheap.

Old 07-31-2017, 03:50 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Unfortunately I can't answer your questions. I can tell you that one of my friends has a Blaster with a stage 1 kit and she really likes it. It has really low horsepower but can go pretty fast. It's a lot narrower than any of the other quads in our group and she can zip through a lot of the trails faster than any of us on big utility quads.