General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Wintertime withdraw.

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2018, 06:10 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wintertime withdraw.

Reminds me of before I retired living in NJ. The boat all tucked away under a tarp, and my favorite pastime on hold until May or mid June when the first tuna bite would begin. Fast forward 18 years (wow). Moved to Florida, then after 48 years owning boats I sold the last one, my new passion became seeing the west on my Harley. Bought a place in The Black Hills last summer and spent the summer making it the way I wanted. Had Jeep's or 4x4's all my life, so I had one built and shipped it out. That's when it started, went on four off-road rides with a Jeep club and did the Jeep Jamboree. Two weeks before heading back to Florida for the winter, on a whim I bought a old Polaris 325 to play around the property on, wife (who also rides a Harley) loves the damn thing. So I go out and buy her a 2015 ACE 570 (wanted her in a cage). We go off-roading and are enamored with it. On our 3rd ride, I screw up ran off a cliff, smash my left wrist, bad. Get home, damn near gave it away, and went out and found another ACE for myself.
So here I sit in Florida, my toy box 2300 miles away, once again waiting to flip the calendar to May. At least I have the Harley's here and my friends, finally able to squeeze the clutch again, going for a ride today. But spending every day thinking of where we're going to explore.

Old 01-28-2018, 11:53 AM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Should be plenty of places to ride those UTV's in Florida, I am up north and ride mine all year round...I am retired also..

Old 01-28-2018, 12:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Kymco 450i
Should be plenty of places to ride those UTV's in Florida, I am up north and ride mine all year round...I am retired also..
Down this end of the state is nothing but mud. Not interested at this time, nor do I see it ever happening. But, ya never know!

Old 01-28-2018, 01:16 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Every time I see a video of people riding a trail on the edge of a cliff I think I wouldn't want to ride that one. Glad you're on the mend Afishinado. Maybe you could go somewhere else and rent ATVs so you wouldn't have to haul them so far back and forth.

Old 01-28-2018, 07:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

The UTV's stay in SD

Old 01-28-2018, 11:51 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Afishinado
The UTV's stay in SD
That's why I thought you might rent some. There could be somewhere a reasonable distance away from you to ride that's not all mud and has rentals somewhere near it. You could ask in the where to ride section of the forum where to ride that's not muddy.