General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

110cc not starting

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2018, 04:55 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 110cc not starting

So I bought a little Kazuma 110cc chinese quad (yes I know this isn't quad planet) but I figured y'all would know how to help me out cause pretty much all 110s are the same idea. So with that said, here's what's going on.
I got it for free on the curb at some dudes house and I brought it home. It had REALLY low compression to the point of it just not starting. I put fresh oil in it and had a buddy tow me down the street in a truck, dumped it into one of the few gears it has left, and the little Kazuma Kazoomed off into the sunset smoking like a 2 stroke running 32:1 but it ran. Ok so it ran and all and once it ran, you could kick start it but once it cooled off it wouldn't kickstart at all. I had a spare 110 laying around with a bad transmission and decided to do some parts swapping. I took the piston, cylinder, head, and rings off the other 110 and put them in the Kazuma. I got it running and it actually ran pretty decently aside from not wanting to idle. I rolled back in the driveway and shut it off. I tried to start it again and it wouldn't start. I tried bump starting it and still, nothing. I noticed the spark was bad so I changed it out with a spare, working coil. The spark looked great and the plug was wet so I tried again. Still nothing. Today, I went and checked the timing again and it looked alright. Any ideas on why it's not running? The carb is clean, it gets fuel, air, and spark (to my knowledge) and it ran previously. When I try to start it, it smokes out of the exhaust, but never fires. I've even dumped gas in the plug hole.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Old 09-16-2018, 10:48 PM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How much was the compression after you swapped in the new engine parts?

Old 09-17-2018, 09:35 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

sounds like it may be flooding.

Old 09-17-2018, 09:14 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It’s got really good compression but I’m wondering about the timing... seems a little sketchy on those engines