150cc Atb Oil Problem - ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

150cc Atb Oil Problem

Old 12-22-2018, 08:40 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 150cc Atb Oil Problem

I Recently bought a Coolster 150cc and so far so good but yesterday while doing the oil change i noticed that there was little to no oil in the actual engine when i went to drain it it was all backing up through the dipstick are where you’d normally fill it. Any suggestions on what I should do? Or what it could be?

Old 12-23-2018, 04:37 AM
Trailblazer

Not sure I understand from your description. Do you mean it was overfilled? If so, you may have a leaking needle seat in the carb which is ultimately leaking gas into the oil.

But, not sure from your description.

Old 12-23-2018, 11:10 AM
Super Quad Patrol

yes your description is a little hard to understand. These things only take less than a ltr of oil and are extremely sensitive for oil level if they are not on level ground

Old 12-23-2018, 02:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

I went to change the oil and when i drained it through the drain bolt only about a cup of oil came out if so and when i went to check the dipstick (where you’d fill it) it all came flowing out of there. I let it flow out and pumped the rest out through there. I continued with the oil change but it did the same thing. my engine is supposed to take .75 LT but I had only put about 400 ML when it started doing the same thing it acts as if its over flowing but it keep spitting oil out through the fill hole.

Old 12-23-2018, 02:54 PM
Super Quad Patrol

Did u pull the drain plug or the bolt with the spring and ball? Almost sounds like the wrong plug was being pulled prior and someone was just putting in recommended amount without checking.

Old 12-23-2018, 06:13 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Zrock View Post
Did u pull the drain plug or the bolt with the spring and ball? Almost sounds like the wrong plug was being pulled prior and someone was just putting in recommended amount without checking.

Sounds possible to me too. I have not worked on that particular ATV but have a similar Arctic Cat 150. There are two drains underneath. One is the oil screen and only a small but of oil drains out. The other one is the actual oil drain and it drains the crankcase. Funny thing is, the oil screen bolt is far more obvious than the actual drain bolt so I could see how someone who isn't mechanically inclined could make that mistake.

Look at the underside really carefully. Jack it up if needed. You should see another hex head bolt under there that actually drains the crankcase. On my little AC, it's hidden and can only be removed with a socket and ratchet.

Old 12-23-2018, 06:29 PM
Super Quad Patrol

I do it everytime on ours...lol