General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Baja 400

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2024, 07:03 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Baja 400

Hi , I am new here just looking for a little help. My apologies if this is not the right place to post. I have a 400 wilderness, I replaced the voltage regulator and I don't believe it has anything to do with my question. But after doing so the wheeler started acting like it was out of time . I have took it apart and the timing marks are spot on but it still won't run and when it whirls over to start every other rotation it acts like it is not in time . This bike worked fine before. Please any suggestions would be appreciated . Thank You

Old 04-22-2024, 12:31 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Your Question Has Been Answered By Our Editors

We have the information you seek on the ATV Connection homepage, here:

https://atvconnection.com/articles/a...feel-mistimed/

Old 04-28-2024, 03:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ensure that your battery is fully charged. A weak battery can sometimes cause the engine to turn over unevenly, which might give the impression that the timing is off. Try replacing the spark plug if you haven’t already. A faulty spark plug can cause issues similar to what you’re experiencing. Make sure there’s no bad fuel or water in the fuel. Also, check for clogged lines or filters. Since you’ve replaced the voltage regulator, it’s possible there could be an electrical issue. Check for any shorts in the wiring, especially if the fuse keeps blowing. If you haven’t already, getting a service manual for your specific model could provide you with detailed troubleshooting steps and wiring diagrams. Other components like the CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition) or the ECU (Engine Control Unit) could also be at fault, especially if they’re not receiving the correct voltage due to a faulty regulator.