General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

2004 Yamaha Rhino

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2003, 05:52 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Yamaha Rhino

I was wondering if anyone has heard if the Rhino is suposed to be better than the mule & ranger? Also what is the top speed & when are these going to available to buy?

Old 06-24-2003, 05:54 PM
Pro Rider

The yamaha rhino is suppost to have more off-road capabilities than the mule and ranger.

Old 06-24-2003, 06:04 PM
Pro Rider

I like the Yamaha vehicle that they have in this months dirtwheels it looks tough. Not sure if the market will ever see it though

Old 06-24-2003, 09:32 PM
Trailblazer

Just check out the home page for ATV connection. They have a good write up with pics right now.

Old 09-21-2003, 11:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

Found a review here ! Looks impressive.

Old 09-21-2003, 11:46 PM
Pro Rider

that rhino kinda looks like the new nissan titan in the front.......haha.......
that thing willhave to be tough to compete with the ranger.........My cousin has a 6X6 that we slew constantly and that thing will go through some shizzzzz
and it will climb dang near anything too.......

Old 09-21-2003, 11:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

I'm going to buy a Ranger or a Rhino. I'm not sure yet which one.

I will be using it for hunting, and to get my dad back and forth to his hunting spot.
I know the Rhino is not out yet, but here are my concerns.

I am loooking for something that is very roomy in the front. My dad is a big man, and is for the most part handicapped (legally handicapped). He has knee and hip problems, so comfort and leg room is a must. He can get a permit to hunt from a stationary vehicle, so it would be easy to drive him, or let him drive out to his hunting spot and not even have to get off of the machine. It would be easy to make a blind to drive right into. Is the Ranger comfortable for long sits? How is the legroom? Will the 4x4 version go through some tough wilderness including fallen logs, swampy lands ruts, etc?

Old 09-22-2003, 12:03 AM
Pro Rider

I don't know about the 4X4 but the 6x6 is a mother off roading.......and smooth as a lincoln too.......
we had 3 people in the front seat (BIG adults seated comfortably) and me and my g/f ridding on a cooler in the back goin down the beach at about 45mph and it was as smooth as glass......and when I got in it and started climbing the big sand mounds they push up (sea wall) it didn't bog or spin or anything......just bowed up and went over it......
it is a great machine.....and yes it is comfortable......yet the seat back is pretty much verticle.......and there is PLENTY of leg room.......

Old 09-22-2003, 02:00 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Greebus
I'm going to buy a Ranger or a Rhino. I'm not sure yet which one.

I will be using it for hunting, and to get my dad back and forth to his hunting spot.
I know the Rhino is not out yet, but here are my concerns.

I am loooking for something that is very roomy in the front. My dad is a big man, and is for the most part handicapped (legally handicapped). He has knee and hip problems, so comfort and leg room is a must. He can get a permit to hunt from a stationary vehicle, so it would be easy to drive him, or let him drive out to his hunting spot and not even have to get off of the machine. It would be easy to make a blind to drive right into. Is the Ranger comfortable for long sits? How is the legroom? Will the 4x4 version go through some tough wilderness including fallen logs, swampy lands ruts, etc?

My brother has the Ranger 4x4 and I've also sat my keister in the Rhino, so I'll tell what little I know. The Ranger sits you in a more "proper" seating position, nice for charging terrain but might be uncomfortable for sitting long periods. The Rhino only has the two bucket seats, as opposed to the Ranger bench, and even though the Rhino seats look firm in the pics they are NICE in real life, very "cushiony". The Ranger does not have too much room in the leg area IMO, I have had my knees get banged up on it. The Rhino did have a surprisingly decent amount of legroom, I remember being impressed with that.

As far as ability, that will have to wait a see. I know firsthand that my Bro's Ranger can tackle some serious stuff out in Ocotillo Wells.

Hope that helps some how!

Old 11-11-2003, 03:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey, new to this. Just thought I would throw my 2 cents in. I'm in NC and have had the Rhino for about a month. I'm new to four wheeling and I bought this thing to work around some mountain property. The more I work it, the more fun I'm having. The seats are incredibly comfortable, but I'm not too big. The power is steady straight up some hills and over logs, etc and surefooted down hills. Great engine braking. Yes the thing is governed at 35 mph, but word on the street is it's easy to pump up. Good luck and ask any questions you'd like. rballman

Quick Reply: 2004 Yamaha Rhino