ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   General RUV / UTV Discussion (https://atvconnection.com/forums/general-ruv-utv-discussion/)
-   -   Rhino.....Only 35!!!!!!! (https://atvconnection.com/forums/general-ruv-utv-discussion/110934-rhino-only-35-a.html)

blackballed 08-10-2003 02:04 PM

Rhino.....Only 35!!!!!!!

I think there comes a point when you have to factor "wheelbase", "width" and "weight" into how fast you want something such as this to go from a manufacturer's viewpoint. Has anybody been 35 mph on a golf cart? Did it feel like you could jerk the wheel at any moment and powerslide into a 90 degree turn? Did that golf cart have 12 inches of ground clearance underneath and be independently suspended; which we all know handles one heck of a lot different than all the straight axle machines built to date?

Just food for thought. If we get one; I'll probably try to seek out the limiter modification that HappaRap was good enough to share with us......but will I drive this thing "balls to the wall" at 45 mph and not even be just a little nervous at how wide and long I am when it comes time to turn the steering wheel at near full speed? (especially when riding without a passenger for proper 'balance'?)......probably not. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Keep that Rhino info coming and we sure do appreciate it!

biggerisbetter 10-30-2003 02:05 PM

Rhino.....Only 35!!!!!!!

WHy would you want this machine to go 55mph???

Arent these made for the Farm/Ranch,and hunting??? I would think anyone that this machine appeals to would be perfectly happy with 35mph.

BIgger.

biggerisbetter 10-30-2003 06:34 PM

Rhino.....Only 35!!!!!!!

LOL! I understand... I just was wondering how well that big rig would STOP if you had to at 55mph. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Biggerisbetter.

wadd3456 10-31-2003 12:29 PM

Rhino.....Only 35!!!!!!!

RhinoOffRoad, you have a good point. No one ever said it went 35mph. The vehicle does more like 40mph which is perfectly fine for whatever you will use it for. Stability and safety did play a large part in determining speed. When creating the top speed, we did take into consideration the "excitement" factor also. I am confident that the folks who have not driven the Rhino will be pleased with its current speed when they do get a chance to ride.

This beast isnt even in the same category as the Mule, Ranger, or Sportsman [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

STAKK 10-31-2003 02:19 PM

Rhino.....Only 35!!!!!!!

some of the mechanic's at the dealer the other day was telling me that the regional tech was there last week, and the way he explained it the limiter was NOT in the ignition, but in the clutching, meaning the clutches will not open up and close up completely therefore 35-40 mph, and it was done for legal reason's, told them that you either remove some kind of spacer or add some kind of spacer(I can't remember which) and it will run as fast as a Grizzly.....He told them, "But I didn't tell you that,understand"........

ElectricShift 10-31-2003 02:29 PM

Rhino.....Only 35!!!!!!!

I wouldnt wanna go that fast in something like that