General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

Two seaters

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2004, 09:17 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two seaters

What do you folks think about the two seater atvs and Ruvs? I seems like more and more co.s are moving in that direction.

Old 02-07-2004, 11:38 AM
TRV
Trailblazer
Default Two seaters

Our A/C TRV is awesome! I ride it alone mostly due to the fact the wife is pregnant but the suspension, ground clearance, width and length make it ride like a dream. It has plenty of power and can reach 50MPH in 4wheel drive on a snowy lane. It will go places a stock Rubicon or Rancher won't and is much less tiring to ride all day as you don't have to dodge rocks all the time with the IRS. I have only 235 miles on mine with no problems at all.

Old 02-07-2004, 12:47 PM
Trailblazer
Default Two seaters

ARCTIC CAT TRV. 9047780941

Old 02-09-2004, 09:40 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Two seaters

TRV, just out of curiosity, where will those TRV's go that stock ATV's wont? I can see possibly an extremely steep incline but that would be about it.

Old 02-10-2004, 12:53 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Two seaters

The new utility side-by-sides are illegal in many states that have a maximum width limit for any vehicle that rides on publicly financed trails or state land. In WI it's 900lbs and 48" wide.

Before anyone thinks about buying one better check with your state's Dept. of Natural resources.

Old 02-10-2004, 01:35 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Two seaters

With the exception of the Western states it would be foolish to buy a RUV before checking the "regs" in your State. I hope the laws change soon, but it won't happen in WI.

There is a strong resistance to regular ATV's in some States, west of the Mississippi. Snowmobile clubs are the biggest hurdle. They don't want wheeled vehicles tearing up the trails they groom.

Lack of snow the past couple of years in the upper midwest has hurt the snowmobiles badly. In a couple years ATV's will outnumber them. Until then, RUV's don't have a very strong bargaining chip in these states.

Old 02-10-2004, 08:20 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Two seaters

I would have loved to buy a Rhino. But if I had bought before I checked the regulations would have been stupid. The saleman didn't say a thing about they couldn't be used on atv trails or participate in any club rides in WI. It couldn't even be licensed in WI. Only place they can be used is on private land or farmers property.

That would qualify in my book as being foolish. I envy guys that live in States where they are legal. Just be sure to check.

Old 02-10-2004, 08:53 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Two seaters

Originally posted by: turbomanford
The new utility side-by-sides are illegal in many states that have a maximum width limit for any vehicle that rides on publicly financed trails or state land. In WI it's 900lbs and 48" wide.

Before anyone thinks about buying one better check with your state's Dept. of Natural resources.
The thing I don’t understand about the weight issue is, if you have a two seater atv and most of them weigh 700-800lb and you put two people plus some gear on it well your over 1000lbs. Does that mean you are illegal? I wonder how some of the state laws came up with a specific weight ….just wondering.

Old 02-10-2004, 09:11 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Two seaters

The max weights are empty w/no riders. The manufacturers shipping weight.

Old 02-10-2004, 09:19 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Two seaters

Got it.

Quick Reply: Two seaters