General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

venom motors, good-bad or ugly

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 02:50 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default venom motors, good-bad or ugly

need advise, I bought an 800cc buggy from venom motors out of las vegas nevada, they told me on several occasions that it had the new lower ratio trans. found out it dosnt and talked to nathan "sales manager" at venom and he said hed check on it. yesturday I was informed that venom was told that it did have the lower ratio trans. and implied that that venom was clear of any responsibility because they told me what roketa told them.

there is more to this saga, but this is the general drift of things as they stand now. nathan told me yesturday that a fix for the very high ratio trans. problem was a smaller diameter rear knobby or paddle tire and offered to "sell" me a set at a reduced price, which turns out to be a little more than his cost plus id have to pay shipping.

does this sound fair??? what do you people think venom should do???

as a side note, other dealers have told me that all the 800cc buggy dealers have always known about the trans. problems and that they have also known the "new" lower ratio transmissions would not be out until the end of july at the earliest.

your advise is needed as to what I should do next.

mike