General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

rhino 700 for 2008, yes or no ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 12:20 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rhino 700 for 2008, yes or no ?

since the grizzly is now a fuel injected 700, is there going to be a 700 rhino for (08) ? I have a 06 se and love it

Old 10-10-2006, 09:33 AM
Trailblazer

I hope so, I would love to see a rhino with a 700 cc fi motor with power steering. So im going to wait, as i hear alot of rumors on the internet about kawasaki and honda might be coming out with new ruv`s and polaris might have a new ruv more aimed at the sport side of the market. So im just going to sit back and listen to all the rumors floating and hope they come true. Because come around january i should be back in the market for another ride..

Old 10-11-2006, 12:51 AM
Weekend Warrior

yeah its a good idea to wait and see who comes out with what next , i heard rumors about the honda , it will be interesting to see what it is and how well it performs. But dont base your decision on just what people state on the internet, go out and expereince each product for your self. I have driven the ranger and it seems like a nice vehicle other then the way you sit in it, your sitting verticaly and it feels like your driving a school bus because of the the steering wheel and the way its positioned . I own a rhino , and i am amazed on how well it handles and what it will climb, the rhino has my vote !

Old 10-11-2006, 02:16 AM
Trailblazer

it will take more than 2 mm bigger bore & fuel injection to get me to trade. don't need either.

Honda won't be here for some time.

Old 10-23-2006, 03:42 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would say they are not in a hurry to throw the 700 EFI engine in it since there isn't any real competition for it. But I would say it will be here in '08 or '09 regardless.

Old 10-26-2006, 11:00 AM
Trailblazer

Is there a wrench out there that can explain the "700" and "660" engine differences? In fact the 700 is 686 cc, and the 660 IS 660 cc. The 660 is 5-valve, versus 4 valves for the 700. Yep, the 700 has EFI, a big plus. What else sets these two Yamaha engines apart? As prowrench mentioned, a 2 mm larger bore is trivial. So, why does Yamaha make two powerplants so close in specs?

Old 10-29-2006, 01:04 AM
Trailblazer

Yamaha must have alot of 660 motors still in inventory and most likely will not change the rhino until that supply is suffecently depleted. Right now, yamaha is having to defend themselves for many law suits because of roll over injuries. Untill litigation is over, don't look for any great changes in the Rhino. Also, because the many legal battles being fought, and the fact these are not allowed on many trails becasuse of weight and width, it is not certain how much longer these OHV's will be in Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word . There are special interest groups tryingto keep them off many trail systems. Many are waiting for Honda to rel;ease a Rhino eater. I have been told Honda has placed ther 2 seater on hold until these issues are meated out in court.

I want an 850 cc efi rhino with power steering and four place seating with full roll cage and 5 part harness, and satellite radio with 200 watt sound system stock.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-29-2006, 11:21 AM
Trailblazer

Tripleshot,

You have touched a couple of nerves! First off, Americans are lawsuit happy. The nature of operating these machines carries a risk factor, as virtually everthing in life does. If one does something dumb, rides beyond the design capability of the machine, there are consequences to pay. Live with it, and stop going after the manufacturer!

Secondly, the danged special-interest groups need to get a life! The motocyclists resisted ATV's, and the skiers fought against snowboarders. However, I am 65 (gotcha beat here!) and for health reasons need to sit in a seat. Also, the wife is not comfortable operating an ATV, but wishes to come along. So, a side-by-side is the only answer. Live, and let live!

Gonna wait for Sept 2007. If no Honda machine by them, hopefully Yamaha will EFI the Rhino.

Old 11-01-2006, 01:45 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: Tripleshot
Yamaha must have alot of 660 motors still in inventory and most likely will not change the rhino until that supply is suffecently depleted. Right now, yamaha is having to defend themselves for many law suits because of roll over injuries. Untill litigation is over, don't look for any great changes in the Rhino. Also, because the many legal battles being fought, and the fact these are not allowed on many trails becasuse of weight and width, it is not certain how much longer these OHV's will be in Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word . There are special interest groups tryingto keep them off many trail systems. Many are waiting for Honda to rel;ease a Rhino eater. I have been told Honda has placed ther 2 seater on hold until these issues are meated out in court.

I want an 850 cc efi rhino with power steering and four place seating with full roll cage and 5 part harness, and satellite radio with 200 watt sound system stock.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Man, that is very interesting. I have never heard of this at all. As a matter of fact, my local dealer says the ORV's will only increase because two can ride them, they are slower than most ATV's and considered safer in the general publics eyes. Where did you find this information so I can read it?

Old 11-01-2006, 04:26 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: 700vtwinman
Originally posted by: Tripleshot

Man, that is very interesting. I have never heard of this at all. As a matter of fact, my local dealer says the ORV's will only increase because two can ride them, they are slower than most ATV's and considered safer in the general publics eyes. Where did you find this information so I can read it?

I heard it from a dealer owner who got it from a dealer meeting with Yamaha. I cannot reveal the name for obvious reasons, but I believe him because he is part of my family.

Quick Reply: rhino 700 for 2008, yes or no ?