General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

Best Side by Side for work and play

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 01:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Old Yeller
I would most likely stay in the 700 range with a Honda as well. For me if I am dropping extra dollars I place more value in add ons then engine size. My idea of having a little fun is finding a wind fall, cutting it up for firewood, resting for a beer, loading it up and getting back to the camp/cottage site. My need for speed I will let out now and again on the 215HP super charged Seadoo
I hear ya, We have a home in Upstate NY which is where we go to get away from all of the stresses and limitations we have here in NJ. Don't get me wrong, Its nice to take the bikes out and haul down the trails all day like it's nobody's business but sometimes it's even nicer taking a slow ride into the woods or around the fields, taking breaks, laughing and gasping at scenary, then when it's time to head back, collecting some firewood and enjoying a nice evening at the Bon fire with the family. Those are some of my best riding memories

Old 03-14-2017, 05:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by HondaR24
I hear ya, We have a home in Upstate NY which is where we go to get away from all of the stresses and limitations we have here in NJ. Don't get me wrong, Its nice to take the bikes out and haul down the trails all day like it's nobody's business but sometimes it's even nicer taking a slow ride into the woods or around the fields, taking breaks, laughing and gasping at scenary, then when it's time to head back, collecting some firewood and enjoying a nice evening at the Bon fire with the family. Those are some of my best riding memories

Honda 24, you hit the nail on the head, those are some of the wife and myself's favorite things to do, just a leisurely trail ride and enjoy the scenery, also a lot easier on the equipment!

Old 03-14-2017, 05:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Old Yeller. do your self a big favor and look at all the different machines out there, sit in them and test ride them you might be surprised that the one you wouldn't consider turns out to be the best for your application. I did months of research and wound up buying a machine I never would have considered unless I tried them all.

Old 03-16-2017, 10:14 AM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kymco 450i
Old Yeller. do your self a big favor and look at all the different machines out there, sit in them and test ride them you might be surprised that the one you wouldn't consider turns out to be the best for your application. I did months of research and wound up buying a machine I never would have considered unless I tried them all.
Going to be putting some hours on a Viking this weekend! Plan to look at each unit in depth before I buy. Like the feed back on these forms as many have gone through the same type of decision and learning what they would do different and why has helped me save myself from a simular mistakes.

Old 04-08-2018, 10:54 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Old Yeller
Going to be putting some hours on a Viking this weekend! Plan to look at each unit in depth before I buy. Like the feed back on these forms as many have gone through the same type of decision and learning what they would do different and why has helped me save myself from a simular mistakes.
Old Yeller, I'm researching and shopping for a side by side. My plans for use are very similar to yours. What did you end up buying? Why? Happy with your purchase? Problems? Regrets?
Thanks!

Old 04-10-2018, 12:05 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I guess he never got back to on on that, that was over a year ago. I think he was heavily leaning toward the Yamaha Viking. The Kawasaki Teryx would be a great choice too, I don't think anyone ever mentioned that.

Old 04-11-2018, 02:54 PM
Trailblazer

I bought a Cub Cadet Challenger 750 in December. Used it to plow snow quite a bit this winter and have had no issues with it.