General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

Update On John Deere Bombardier ATV

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2003, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update On John Deere Bombardier ATV

I went to a John Deere field service program last week through work. The New ATV's weren't directly discussed. BUT what they did show us was the new line of Gator Utility Vehicles. Now John Deere and Bombardier were working together on a utility vehicle so this might be the new "ATV". I was shown a coupple slides on it but they were very very secret about it. They did not hand out any pictures and told us very little. But here's what I know, the styling on the front end looks similar to that of a H2 Hummer. It's the first gator to have true front wheel assist. So it's actually going to be a 4x4. From the looks of it the machine is a front engine model. This means the engine is not under the dump bed. They said that it "most likely" will not have a belt drive transmission like the previous generation of gators. This only rules the possibility of a hydrostatic transmission. It makes sense seeing as how their hydro trannys are pretty much bullet proof.

I'll post more as soon as I find out.