Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

400EX vs ???????????????

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2000, 02:10 AM
Air
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On these posts every one wants to know what should I buy or which one will win.

Banshee or 400ex
Scrambler or 400ex
Warrior or 400ex
300ex or 400ex
DS650 or 400ex
and so on.

Anyone notice a trend. everyone wants to beat or says they have beaten a 400ex and I have no doubt that they have beaten one. The DS is fast on flat. The shee is the best sand toy. 300ex the best trail machine. The scrambler is the best for people who are novices to the sport. So if 400EX's are so bad why does everone want to prove they are that much better than the 400ex.

99 426ex , Web Cam, FCR carb w/ twist, CT revlimiter, DMC exhaust, XCT's ,K&N, One kit, Renthal bars, DG nerfs, Armidillo Swingarm plate, 8 paddle Haulers

http://www.trxoutlawz.com/

Old 05-05-2000, 05:39 AM
Trailblazer

Because leaders stand alone untill the crowd falls in behind. 4 strokes are looking like the future. Honda realized this first and led the way. Maybee it's the jack of all trades and master of none. I know I love mine and it does everything I want it to do. P.S. Jelousy can be ugly.

Old 05-05-2000, 11:30 AM
Pro Rider

Air,
Are you a moron? Just wondering...

I'm sure you have a CDL & are also a part time race car driver too. KIDS!

Old 05-05-2000, 11:38 AM
rnl
Trailblazer

Because the 400ex was the first NEW sport quad from the manufacturers in a decade. It is an easy to ride, has a good chasis, but could use alittle help in the motor department.

Old 05-05-2000, 12:37 PM
Trailblazer

Mr. Thomas
That was a really cool reply - I bet that you spent a lot of time thinking about what words to use. Your reply ends by calling a number of people "KIDS." I think this childish act on your part is a natural act of feeling inferior and submissive to the facts posted by Air.
The fact is that nearly everyone is comparing their quads to the 400EX. I think TopDawg said it best when he stated that the 400 is a jack of all trades and probably the master of none. Let's face it - the 400 is not the god of all four wheelers but it does a nice job in all areas: MX tracks, hills, sand, trails, drag racing etc...
Sure their are quads that are better in certain areas (refer to Air's post)but for an all around good ATV the 400EX is the one to beat right now. That is why Air stated that everyone is comparing their quads to the 400. When Yamaha releases their new quad it may be the one to beat. We'll just have to wait and see. But as for now please refrain from such criticism of the facts.

Old 05-05-2000, 12:50 PM
Trailblazer

Ok I personally think your asumption that people who own a Scrambler can't drive.
Well I have probley been driving a hell of alot longer than you.
And would match my driving ability with anyone
Don't get me wrong I do not think I am the best driver there is many,many people just on this form that are better than me. But I am not bad.
And buy the way all my other toys before had gears and clutches but I decided on the Scrambler because of options and enjoy riding it.
Sorry if I come to strong I do not mean too
I just do not think that everyone who own's a Scrambler should be classed as someone who cannot drive.
I myself would never bash anyones ride or ability's.
If you want to insult me go ahead I just wanted to clear this point up.
P.S I do like 400ex by the way but it just was not what I wanted.
Have a Good one

Old 05-05-2000, 03:06 PM
Pro Rider

First let me say I know AIR very well, we are neighbors. We ride alot together. He was not trashing anyone or there ride. He only made the statement that if the 400ex was so bad then why are there so many comparisons to it from others.

Mr Thomas, why such a moronic remark, couldnt think of anything better to say or to even make a point?

SSJB1, I dont think AIR was saying that everyone who rides a scrambler cant ride. What he meant was that the scrambler has lots of power, can be used anywhere someone likes to ride it, but that it is easy for the person who wants the power and likes to just give it gas and go. No clutch, or shifting. Dont always take things negatively.

I have a Banshee to play on the sand and shoot the big sand hills. Its fun to play out in the dunes but I would prefer to ride my 426ex on the dunes if I am going to be out there for the day. Just easier to ride and more forgiving. On the tight trails I use to ride my 300ex, it was great. It is actually easier to ride and manuver around the tight trails but I prefer the increased power of my 426ex.

Sorry for the long post, but dont read more into the questions than there is.. Choose the ride of your choice and have fun on it. Ride hard but ride safe.........

Clutch
www.trxoutlawz.com

'00 400ex
'99 426ex
'99 Banshee
'96 300ex

Trending Topics

Old 05-05-2000, 06:30 PM
Trailblazer

TrxOutlawz
Ok point taken.
maybe I should be not so quick to jump the gun.
Have a Good one

Old 05-05-2000, 06:53 PM
Pro Rider

The fact is someone who assumes that someone who has an auto can't ride/drive is a moron. There is no other way around it. As for the "kids" remark, I say it only because you can tell that the guy hasn't drove much in his life. Some guys on this forum believe getting through 5 measley gears on a quad qualifies them as some kind of riding/ driving expert. I've got news for you "kids", you're not !
So stop acting like you know how to ride/drive better than someone with an auto! Like one other Polaris owner said, He can drive a manual. He just doesn't want too. Damn! Did you ever think of that?
The powershift 15 speed in a 50 series JD is easier to drive than the 16 speed clutched tranny in the 30/40 series JD's. So is someone who buys the powershift for personal preference a guy who can't drive? After you "kids" on here drive something with more than 5 gears & 35 lbs of torque then we'll talk.
I'm not trying to offend all Honda owners. I know most of you actually have at least 1/2 of a brain. Too bad these guys are speaking for those of you that do.....

Old 05-05-2000, 06:57 PM
Pro Rider

Nightlife,
Please reread my first post. I didn't say the 400EX is a bad quad. (In fact I loved my brothers) I just asked if AIR was a moron. He made a moronic statement so I thought I'd just ask. So I'm not really sure what post you were reading. It wasn't mine.

Quick Reply: 400EX vs ???????????????