Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Please Help Me ouT !

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2003, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help Me ouT !

I doN't know what's happening yet with my 1994 300EX. While going to work this morning (BTW I'm not a loser who can't drive a car at 35 years old [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] , I'm only 15 years so I go to work with my quad). THis morning, I took it and started shifting slowly in the village since it was 4:45 AM [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] , I shifted 1-2-3-4-5 almost not revving the engine for not doing noise. Everything was alright yet. Then, When I hitted the highway, I wasn't caring anywore about my sleepling neighbors since I was now far from them. 1---2----3----4----5. When I was at about 1/2 Throttle of the 4 OR 5TH gear, the engine was bogging like when I am short on gas, I don't know why since I normally don't even hit the Rev Limiter even at full throttle since I modified my CDI Box to get the cut-off 1500 RPM Farther. What could this bogging problem be??

tHANKS A LOT

Old 06-08-2003, 12:02 AM
Trailblazer

When was the last time you cleaned your air filter? Also, check for a clogged fuel filter. If that doesn't do it, consider cleaning your carburetor.

Old 06-08-2003, 08:33 AM
Pro Rider

check ur jetting, a fouling plug will do that.

Old 06-08-2003, 09:01 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check your fuel cap to make sure it is in the run position or it will not vent the tank, they can go bad too. The symptom is running out of gas at higher speeds (when you use more). You easily verify if this is the problem. Turn your gas petcock off, and pull off the gas line. Now would be a good time to put your smoke out BTW. put a container like a cut off plastic soda bottle under the petcock and turn your gas on and observe it flowing into the container, it should easily fill it up. If the gas flow starts to peter out after a several ounces, remove your gas cap and see if the flow increases again. If this happens replace your gas cap.

Old 06-08-2003, 09:33 AM
Pro Rider

Can't be the jetting since everything was alright last weekend and there weren't no change in altitude, climate and temperature

FYI, I cleaned the air filter perfectly yesterday. I dON,t know if It could be the problem, but, I've putted grease around my K&N filter and when I removed the filter, There was grease in the snorkel.

K, I used it this morning too. Same thing. It even stalled when i was in 5TH gear and I pressed the clutch. I had an hard time starting it back. I've also cheked if this phenomenon was happening in the 3 first gear and it was. Some time it looks like it's hitting the rev limiter but it is almost impossible since I must normally revs it really far for the engine to hit it ( I explained it in the post) BTW, how do u remove the spark plug on those 300EX. Thanks

Old 06-08-2003, 08:19 PM
Pro Rider

Help me Out! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 06-09-2003, 12:59 AM
Trailblazer

So why are you putting grease around your K&N? Are you trying to seal off an air leak? Yeah, if your ingesting grease into your snorkle and into your carb, even in small amounts, that could be your problem. Yuck, clean out the grease, clean out your carb, I'd re-clean the air filter, and then give it a whirl.

Old 06-10-2003, 03:49 PM
Pro Rider

BTW, damn those keihin carburators are shi*ty, I'm having an hard time finding the parts like in a mikuni carburator and my bowl's bolts are stripped [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]