Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

radials for flattrackin a 400ex

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2003, 04:24 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radials for flattrackin a 400ex

Ive been trying to come up with some radials for flattrackin and Im a little new to this type of tire buying.Any flattrackers out there that could give me some ideas? The track is a flat short oval track,no blue groove depending on what conditions and how wet the track is(indoor track) the track is hard,slicked up / and a combo of a somewhat loose dirt. I will be running Turf Tamers rears.... Thanks for any suggestions ahead of time.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] TINA

Old 07-03-2003, 04:02 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: TNTQuadJunkies
Ive been trying to come up with some radials for flattrackin and Im a little new to this type of tire buying.Any flattrackers out there that could give me some ideas? The track is a flat short oval track,no blue groove depending on what conditions and how wet the track is(indoor track) the track is hard,slicked up / and a combo of a somewhat loose dirt. I will be running Turf Tamers rears.... Thanks for any suggestions ahead of time.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] TINA
there has got to be some 400ex flattrackers out ther somewhere willing to help out a gal!!!!!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 07-03-2003, 11:09 AM
Range Rover

American Racer or Hoosiers work best. The Turf tamers are probably the best MX tire for Flattrack.

Old 07-03-2003, 12:48 PM
Pro Rider

Well, I know Hoosier and American, but what kind ???? Im not too familiar with what I whould be running for width,ect on my fronts.the rears like you said, turfs run best here for the track.Thanks for the reply BTW!!! Tina

Old 07-03-2003, 03:15 PM
Range Rover

Hey Tina,

The most popular set up with the American Racer tires is to run 18x6x10 on the front and 18x10x10 on the rear.

Although I would like to mention that the tire company called DURO has a tire that looks a little bit like the Hoosier but the tread is a little more open, which may help on the track with the loose dirt. I have never tried these but they actually look pretty cool, and if I remember right, I think they were about half the cost of the hoosier or american racers. Maybe someone here has tried these.

Oh and don't forget your swaybar. The best hooking tires in the world won't help if you can't keep all of them on the ground.

Old 07-03-2003, 03:46 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Brad_L
Hey Tina,

The most popular set up with the American Racer tires is to run 18x6x10 on the front and 18x10x10 on the rear.

Although I would like to mention that the tire company called DURO has a tire that looks a little bit like the Hoosier but the tread is a little more open, which may help on the track with the loose dirt. I have never tried these but they actually look pretty cool, and if I remember right, I think they were about half the cost of the hoosier or american racers. Maybe someone here has tried these.

Oh and don't forget your swaybar. The best hooking tires in the world won't help if you can't keep all of them on the ground.
Thanks for the info!! I ll be running a lowering kit, sway bar and a set of Burgard rear bead locks for starters.

Old 07-05-2003, 03:02 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Do you have a balloon?

We have radials on my wife's flat tracker. They don't work as well as my Americans. The radial skip over the track to much, on the indoor horse arena we race.