Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Honda:pilot & oddyessy

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2003, 06:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda:pilot & oddyessy

why where the honda pilot and odyessy recalled? where they even recalled? why dont they make them anymore? i am curious

Old 07-16-2003, 01:01 AM
Range Rover

I think they stopped producing them because sales figures were poor(someone correct me if I`m wrong).

Old 07-16-2003, 01:40 AM
Pro Rider

I think they stopped producing them because sales figures were poor(someone correct me if I`m wrong).
This seems right. i remember pilots just sitting there in the showrooms for months around here;
they were very nice machines. I dont know exactly why, or how- but it seems that with all the controversy over safety back then- seemed like the pilot was a thing to get. But the market just didnt catch on to the pilot, IMO. That's a shame b/c I heard nothing but good things about them, and seen them run pretty good. Nowadays, if you can find one in good condition, you will pay about $8K for it easily. Everyone of them that I see on EBAY and local sales go for at least that, and I have seen them go for more. I know I wouldn't mind having one......

Old 07-16-2003, 10:50 AM
Range Rover

Yep you are correct, they just never seemed to catch on in mass so Honda quite trying.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] To bad I own a couple of these and they are pretty fun.

Kasea is attempting to make a push of an Odyssey type buggy called the Explorer it's only 250cc but it looks quite cool.

Old 07-16-2003, 01:03 PM
Pro Rider

khen,
hey, this is off-topic, but what exactly is a rupp go-joe?

Old 07-16-2003, 08:50 PM
Range Rover

ElectricShift,

The Rupp go-joe is a rare 4 wheeler type creature perhaps the first quad made. It has a 300 cc Kohler 2 stroke motor with an automatic snowmobile type clutch and tops out at about 60MPH.

It is actually quite fun to ride because it is next to impossible to roll. Here is a picture of one like mine I found online:

http://www.ruppbikes.com/images/GoJo06.jpg