Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Buying a Rincon on Monday

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2003, 05:56 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying a Rincon on Monday

Finally sold the kodiak. Time to go to the local stealer to see what they can do on a rini.

Now, this is your typical honda stealer. They'll ask 6995 for the Rini every day. Durin honda bucks, they'll ask the same, just show MSRP -300 on the sign, like you're getting a deal. So in other words, they're pocketing the $300 that should go to the buyer.

I've been reading a lot lately of folks getting great deals (less than 6500 which is the max I will pay) so I'm wondering if they're trying to clear out the 03s. I would be interested in hearing what people are seeing as far as that goes.

But, with my dealer, it would be "they're the same, so why should we charge less for the 03?" but then charge $300 more for the 04 because it's newer.

I love stealers... makin them cringe and decide if they'd like to make a super easy (5 minutes tops) $200, or work on me hoping to make that extra $300 when I'm really just walkin...hehe... I can hear it now "we can't see them for that price... no one can..." then showing a quote from abernathy...haha.. Or "we will sell it for asking price no problem" and then asking "well, do you wanna sell just one, or two?"

Oh... I am excited... hehe...

Old 08-03-2003, 01:19 AM
Weekend Warrior

the farther you are willing to drive the cheaper it will get.
i found a place in mississippi to be the cheapest in usa

Old 08-03-2003, 01:29 AM
Pro Rider

the farther you are willing to drive the cheaper it will get.
i found a place in mississippi to be the cheapest in usa
where is this place? im pretty close to miss. and just want to know where it is. do they sell all makes?
i am so pissed with these local stealers around here. they do not want to deal at all. i asked my yammie dealer today for his BEST price on a YFZ450 and he told me $6899. That's crazy! thats sticker price. where's the deal? and ive been a repeat customer in the past for him- but not anymore....

our local honda dealer was the same way when the 400ex came out - $5699. nothing off. no deal. and they call themselves "dealers"???? rip off artists.

Old 08-03-2003, 02:52 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And you have read all the posts about the Rincon transmission??? Like it won't climb a hill??? Slips for the first couple of miles??? Hesitation before the trans kicks in. Sounds like Honda built a Polaris to me!

Old 08-03-2003, 12:41 PM
Pro Rider

The rincon will climb hills very good ,better then anything out there except the Prairie 650 !

I have no trouble with the Rincon transmission , I have 1700 km's , just drive it nice and easy until it warms up " common sence ! "

The RIncon is a very , very , very good machine .

Old 08-03-2003, 01:17 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do a search!! There have been more than a couple of negative posts about this bike!! Goat, I even think some of them were yours???????

Old 08-03-2003, 04:32 PM
Range Rover

i love how the folks who dont have a certain type of ride always have the reference to *all* the problems. it happens to the polaris guys, the honda guys, and all the other guys. i have two rincons, no problems with the trany, climbing hills, boulders, or anything else i want to go over, up or through.

buy the rincon, its a great ride.

Old 08-03-2003, 05:04 PM
Range Rover

I was going to say, I read through almost all the Rincon posts for the past year and the owners (except for one or two) love them to death, but those who don't have them complain about them. Just like any other quad. I also own a Z and get tired of everyone talking about weak axles and frames... No problems here.. I guess I just know how to stay away from trees..haha.

For rockclimbing slow on the Rini, there is ESP.. use that and don't rely on the auto if it's that big of a deal. It's gotta be as good as "low" on other quads.. 1st gear that is.

I would buy the grizz if it didn't have a rubber band tranny. It's got everything else I want. But, I will live without lockers and front disc brakes just because I know the rini tranny is superior, as is Honda in general.

Old 08-03-2003, 09:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I've never had a dealer say anything about bonus bucks. Never. I've certainly never had a dealer tell me that I could use them towards a purchase of accessories.

"Honda site says- $300. bonus bucks- Customer may apply certificate to parts, accessories, riding gear, or other purchases,"

Never been offered anything and if I say something about bonus bucks then they say it goes towards the purchase of the quad.

What if I want $200. to go towards an atv and then $100. towards a helmet?

Old 08-04-2003, 02:32 AM
BSA
Pro Rider

The Rincon is $6,199 at Lake Hill Motors. That is out the door and includes, delivery/freight and set up. Does your dealer's price of $6,995 include delivery/freight and set up?

www.lakehillmotors.com

Quick Reply: Buying a Rincon on Monday